Stihl MS441RC-M master control lever

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
memory

memory

ArboristSite Guru
Even with slightly pressing the throttle, it still acted the same way.

I think I am going to take it back to the dealer and have it fixed under warranty. What I am afraid of is he will say "oh, I wouldn't worry about that" and not do anything about it. Then after the warranty expires and something happens to it, he will want to charge me to fix it. I guess I will find out how Rural Kings customer service is when it comes to their Stihl saws.

naturelover

naturelover

Tree Freak
Well, curiosity dictated that I go out and try it. I needed to run it empty of fuel anyway... :)

I pull the throttle in fully, and it clicks to the start position every time. Started right up too, even after sitting for a few weeks.

Only thing I noticed is that it does slightly push the trigger out when it goes into the start position, but it still engages correctly.

memory

memory

ArboristSite Guru
O boy I'm gettin nervous, mine is still not here, hopin for tomorrow, hopefully mine won't have that prob

I wouldn't get to nervous about it, it's not like I can't start mine at all. I can go out and cut all day long with no issue. I just have to play with the lever a little to get it to stay into choke position. If yours does have the same problem, I would take it back to the dealer while it is under warranty. This might be one of those things that it might never give you major problems or it quits working right after the warranty expires.

I am not going to take a chance, whenever I get a chance, I am taking it to the dealer. It's not one of those things where I am in a big hurry to get it there since I just bought it.

Did you buy the 441cm as well?

Jlhotstick3

Jlhotstick3

ArboristSite Operative
Yeah same thing but with the 3/4 wrap, I ordered it last week from the dealer, I was hopin it would be in yesterday or today but I guess it's talkin a lil longer, but no biggie. Did u mod urs at all or are you gonna keep it stock?

memory

memory

ArboristSite Guru
Yeah same thing but with the 3/4 wrap, I ordered it last week from the dealer, I was hopin it would be in yesterday or today but I guess it's talkin a lil longer, but no biggie. Did u mod urs at all or are you gonna keep it stock?

Mine has the 3/4 wrap handle as well as all the other goodies.

Right now, I am going to keep it stock because of the 2 year warranty. After that I may have some work done to it by someone more professional. I will just have to wait and see. I am still not use to the stock power it has.

memory

memory

ArboristSite Guru
I finally got time to take the saw in to get it looked at. Of course, it works fine for him and he did not find anything wrong. When I picked it up, it worked fine for me to. I had a really hard time to get it to act up. Maybe I was just doing it wrong all along. I think part of the problem was I was not pushing it down far enough and I was trying to do it to fast.

Latest posts