• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Stihl MS460 Magnum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duckhunter2007

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Shihl MS 460 Magnum chainsaw. It's a big saw with lots of power and runs great. It has a OEM heavy duty air filter and aftermarket dogs. Comes with 25", 29" and 36" bar and chains. Not commercially used just work around the place. Make me an offer on it. I know what I paid for it all, just not sure what to ask for it.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450060175.560871.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450060213.526064.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450060243.643220.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450060277.326067.jpg

I can't go that low. I've got 1400 invested in it.
I have a 200 GMC pickup and have $40,000 invested in it. Do you think I can get that out of it? It only has 188,000 miles. I can throw in the three sets of tires that it wore out and a set of tire chains for all four wheels. No? Why not?

List what you have for bars and chains to put a perspective on price. I know around her a clean ms460 with a bar is a 400 dollar saw. But that is here. Saw prices very a lot by area.

I can't go that low. I've got 1400 invested in it.

How much you invested in a saw and how much it is worth are two completely different things. Just being honest. I'd bet there isn't a member on here that hasn't been over their head $$ wise in a saw. It's all part of the experience.

This might be rude comment number two but, Have you ever noticed guys that agree the saw is worth $800 don't just buy it? It is only worth what another is willing to PAY, not speculate about. Last Saturday I sold a 460 and an ms460 that looked good and ran good with good chains and bars for $350 each. I am just finishing up a 044 and have a good running ms361 and the guy is coming back Saturday to probably buy them. If one of you guys wants to shut me up on this thread just buy that $800 saw!

Wow, tough crowd.
An MS460 sold for $350 with bar and chains? Wow, I get more than that for an MS390 around here. Maybe I need to take a road trip for some Iowa or California saw shopping.

Saw sales are very slow pretty much everywhere right now...

I will agree with some posts that how much someone has invested into something does not really affect its market value. Doesn't matter if that's a very small amount or a very large amount. Every item has a value determined by what a buyer is willing to pay for it.

Cut wood with that thing and make it pay for itself. Then sell it, lol.

Lately there are lots of deals here. Locally it is still a premium market, and usually for tree trimming saws, or ranch saws. The professional saws are few, beat up, and damn near retail price.

So True, I have been looking for about a year and have conceded that I will purchase a new pro saw for the measly $200-$300 premium over used, get dealer support and a warranty. GLWS

For reference I picked up my similar shape MS440 a year and half ago with 28" and 20" bar for $400....I thought it was heck of a deal. Happy selling!!!

On craigslist around here, it would be listed $750-800 give or take. Usually bigger saws like that don't last too long.

Back