• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl MS460 w/heated handle and wrap.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccronin

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
IMG_1739.JPG IMG_1741.JPG IMG_1743.JPG IMG_1741.JPG IMG_1743.JPG Stihl MS460 with heated handle. Saw runs great and oils well. All parts of the heater package test perfectly but it is 96 degrees here and I can't test it. New piston and rings 1 month ago, compression is 180 lbs. Check out the pictures.

The saw has a dual port muffler cover and base gasket delete. Squish is .019.

Give it some time. Lots of saws are languishing now. Pics of the piston may be good since it's an older saw
If it were listed in a couple months it would be gone in a flash.
Middle of summer people will look at the switch and ask if it has electric start and when was the last time you changed the battery o_O.
As SA said OP, just hang tight.
I personally like pictures of the bottom of the saw.
Why was it rebuilt in the first place.
GLWS.

I tore it down because I did not know anything about it and I wanted to delete the base gasket. While I was in there I put new rings and piston in and pressure tested it. I think it is a great saw but I have 3 460s and Georgia is no place for a heater. Lol. I will take some more pictures tomorrow.

Here is a picture of the compression. This saw runs really strong but I can't use heated handle in Georgia.

I hibernate in the winter. Only once did I have to cut in December, and I wore gloves. I'm not interested in the heated handles. More interested in possibly reselling this locally. Most folks around here don't use much more then a 60cc saw, and usually only know their bars length as if that is the only important description of a saw. I've heard more then once, "I can't handle anything more then a 20" bar". :rolleyes:

You could surely use the heated handle in a couple of months where you are!

OP, GLWS- nice saw and price for sure.

I hibernate in the winter. Only once did I have to cut in December, and I wore gloves. I'm not interested in the heated handles. More interested in possibly reselling this locally. Most folks around here don't use much more then a 60cc saw, and usually only know their bars length as if that is the only important description of a saw. I've heard more then once, "I can't handle anything more then a 20" bar". :rolleyes:

A great buy either way...;)

what was wrong with the piston that it had to be changed? was it scored? and is the new one oem? what did the jug look like? was that scored at all? thanks

Back