Stihl MS661 C-M first impressions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a bigger 461. It should respond real nicely to port work and compression increases. I'm surprised it weighed less than the 390. How much fuel and oil does it hold? I know the 390 held more than the 660.

Thanks for the tear down and all the pictures. I'm excited for them to hit over hear now since it's not a bigger 441.

Looks like a bigger 461. It should respond real nicely to port work and compression increases. I'm surprised it weighed less than the 390. How much fuel and oil does it hold? I know the 390 held more than the 660.

Thanks for the tear down and all the pictures. I'm excited for them to hit over hear now since it's not a bigger 441.

In the past, even though I was a fan of the 066, I never picked one up because the AV was a white knuckle-inducing 20 years old and there was a great alternative in the 390xp. With the weight and AV as you claim they are, I think STIHL finally have a great alternative to the 390 and 395. Ausgezeichnet. Now I am more curious to see what Husqvarna brings to the table.

What a horrible thread! Totally uninteresting, bad english, strange coloured photos and all this from some unknown geek across the big lake (probably the secret inventor of linkbust:msp_tongue:).....

:laugh:

Servus Stephan, endlich bist Du auch hier zugegen, wie ich sehe muss ich in Zukunft nur noch hierher kommen um dein Werken zu sehen! Du koentest aber ruhig etrwas von deinen anderen Mods zeigen. Ich denke Du weisst was ich von deinem Talent halte.
Falls Du am PC arbeitest kannst Du mit Firefox & NoScript sicher gehen das die Linkbust Seiten dich nicht kapern.

LG,

Wow. What a high quality machine! Every detail shown is just perfect. Stihl's attention to detail is simply amazing!!!

Wow!! Very impressive. That 390 is a beast. Also, nice to see someone actually demonstrating on some seriously hard hardwood, Beech.

Servus Stephan, endlich bist Du auch hier zugegen, wie ich sehe muss ich in Zukunft nur noch hierher kommen um dein Werken zu sehen! Du koentest aber ruhig etrwas von deinen anderen Mods zeigen. Ich denke Du weisst was ich von deinem Talent halte.
Falls Du am PC arbeitest kannst Du mit Firefox & NoScript sicher gehen das die Linkbust Seiten dich nicht kapern.

LG,

Heh heh. Google translate doesn't understand a few words :)

"Hello Stephen, You're finally present here, as I see I need to see your works in the future, just come here! But you koentest quiet show etrwas of your other mods. I think you know what I think of your talent.
If you work on your PC you can safely go with Firefox & NoScript does not hijack the pages Linkbust you."

Heh heh. Google translate doesn't understand a few words :)

"Hello Stephen, You're finally present here, as I see I need to see your works in the future, just come here! But you koentest quiet show etrwas of your other mods. I think you know what I think of your talent.
If you work on your PC you can safely go with Firefox & NoScript does not hijack the pages Linkbust you."

In fairness to google translate - those words are mispelled, and not quite conjugated directly. He was prolly going for "können" but should have conjugated it with "kannst". "etrwas" was meant to be "etwas". Try "Du kannst etwas ruhig von deinen anderen Mods zeigen"

In fairness to google translate - those words are mispelled, and not quite conjugated directly. He was prolly going for "können" but should have conjugated it with "kannst". "etrwas" was meant to be "etwas". Try "Du kannst etwas ruhig von deinen anderen Mods zeigen"

Yeh that happens when your trying to tip on your mini mobile touchscreen phone....

Really nice saws you got there.... I'm from Denmark, you are right there are not many modded worksaws over here.... I do a little tweakin on my saws myself, but I have not met anyone who do the same and who I could compare saws with....

Really nice saws you got there.... I'm from Denmark, you are right there are not many modded worksaws over here.... I do a little tweakin on my saws myself, but I have not met anyone who do the same and who I could compare saws with....

I take it back

I take back all the protest I had about the new technology being introduced into saws. Now that I have actually given my 441 a chance I actually prefer that technology. Dont miss the screwdriver a bit. My 660 was just ported by Treeslingr and I will have it on tues. It will be interesting to see how the 661 compares to it. I was really disappointed to find that the 661 does not have the "air-injection" type filtration of the 441 and Husky saws. I think they really had a chance to make what appears to be a good saw a great saw. Only time will tell.

Back