• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl (or equal/better quality) Bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S Tebo

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Guys,
I am looking to buy a Stihl (or equal/better quality) Bar for my 260 PRO. I have (a used bar in ok condition) Several New and Several Lightly Used chains already so I am looking for a New or Like New ("Minty" ) bar in a specific size:
18" (45cm) .325 KF .063 (1.6mm) 74 (Not 68) Drive Links.
If it's the Stilh bar, the part # is 3003 008 6817. I am also open to SugiHara, Total, Cannon, Carlton, Woodland Pro or Oregon (Power Match ) etc as well, but I only want a Sprocket nose. Even though I currently have multiple chains- I am open to more (package deal) if the price is right- but I really only need the bar. Locally, a new Stihl bar sells for $43.46 including 6% sales tax (and obviously no shipping needed). So, unless it's of better quality (lighter) than a Stihl bar or a package deal- I need to be under that shipped or I might as well just buy new. I know there are a lot of you guys out there that have these just sitting around, so I figured I might as well through it out there before I buy new- a couple of bucks saved is a couple of buck saved! Figures- I just missed the package deal for this exact bar & chains earlier tonight... I live on this site and I go to work for one day and damn if I don't miss the exact bar I'm about to buy new! :( I hope one of you guys can help me out or it's off to the dealer this weekend. Thanks, Scott

Guys,
I am looking to buy a Stihl (or equal/better quality) Bar for my 260 PRO. I have (a used bar in ok condition) Several New and Several Lightly Used chains already so I am looking for a New or Like New or "Minty" bar in a specific size:
If it's the Stilh bar, the part # is 3003 008 6817. I am also open to SugiHara, Total, Oregon (preferably Power Match ) etc. as well, but I only want a Sprocket nose. Even though I currently have multiple chains- I am open to more (package deal) if the price is right- but I really only need the bar. Locally, a new Stihl bar sells for $43.46 including 6% sales tax (and obviously no shipping needed). So, unless it's of better quality (lighter) than a Stihl bar or a package deal- I need to be under that shipped or I might as well just buy new. I know there are a lot of you guys out there that have these just sitting around, so I figured I might as well through it out there before I buy new- a couple of bucks saved is a couple of buck saved! Figures- I just missed the package deal for this exact bar & chains earlier tonight... I live on this site and I go to work for one day and damn if I don't miss the exact bar I'm about to buy new! :( I hope one of you guys can help me out or it's off to the dealer this weekend. Thanks, Scott

A couple people have contacted me about 16" bars (thanks guys!), but I already have several 16" bars and as I mentioned, I am trying to use the (six to eight) 18" chains that I already have- so that's the size I really need of anyone has one.
Thanks again for the help, Scott

Guys,
I am looking to buy a Stihl (or equal/better quality) Bar for my 260 PRO. I have (a used bar in ok condition) Several New and Several Lightly Used chains already so I am looking for a New or Like New ("Minty" ) bar in a specific size:
If it's the Stilh bar, the part # is 3003 008 6817. I am also open to SugiHara, Total, Cannon, Carlton, Woodland Pro or Oregon (Power Match ) etc as well, but I only want a Sprocket nose. Even though I currently have multiple chains- I am open to more (package deal) if the price is right- but I really only need the bar. Locally, a new Stihl bar sells for $43.46 including 6% sales tax (and obviously no shipping needed). So, unless it's of better quality (lighter) than a Stihl bar or a package deal- I need to be under that shipped or I might as well just buy new. I know there are a lot of you guys out there that have these just sitting around, so I figured I might as well through it out there before I buy new- a couple of bucks saved is a couple of buck saved! Figures- I just missed the package deal for this exact bar & chains earlier tonight... I live on this site and I go to work for one day and damn if I don't miss the exact bar I'm about to buy new! :( I hope one of you guys can help me out or it's off to the dealer this weekend. Thanks, Scott

Bump

I think I have a 18" sthil bar and chain. It came off my ms290. I don't know if it will fit. I am currently at work right now I won't be home until 7am. I will check the numbers when I get home an post it and a picture of it. It is slightly used I used it 6 or 7 times. I will check and see if it is the same one your looking for.

I think I have a 18" sthil bar and chain. It came off my ms290. I don't know if it will fit. I am currently at work right now I won't be home until 7am. I will check the numbers when I get home an post it and a picture of it. It is slightly used I used it 6 or 7 times. I will check and see if it is the same one your looking for.
MS290's came with 3/8's and .325 bars. OP needs a .325 bar for a MS260 pro. I have an extra 16" .325 I took off a MS 290/390 conversion. And a 18" .325 on a nice 026 I'm going to sell.

Sent from my SCH-R530C using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply- let me know what you find out. I have several 16" bars already- looking for the 18". I believe the bar that came on my 290 is the same bar also- so yours should be correct/the one I'm looking for.please send me a PM & let me know- Thanks! Scott

Back