Stihl or Husky ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Count

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
c`mon guys, reading the boards only confuses me.
I was sure on Stihl....but.....please give me all the info

My chainsaw venture started about 8 years ago with our local, trusted, dealer. I told him I wanted a moderately kick ass saw that would do what I wanted, when I wanted and not completely break the bank. He suggested, and I bought a Husqvarna 359. Very nice and practical saw. Those who know them appreciate their true value as a Pro saw in Landowners clothing. The saw did what I wanted and when I started doing cuttting in the woods I needed a second saw so I turned to my trusted dealer who sold me a very nice and practical 345 which also does well.

FFwd to present and CAD now has me by the nuts. I plan tio stick with the brand that has treated me well.

Ford or Chevy? Winchester or Remington? Windows or Mac?
I don't think you will ever get a consensus!! I have all Stihl's but only because thats what I started with and there is a lot of dealers in the area. My next saw might be a Husky or who knows......This board has tweeked my interest!

They are both good brands and make a quality product. I own both, and they have served me well. I am fortunate in that my local dealer is only 3 miles away, and has both brands, and fairly good support. Dealer support is an important thing, so that should be taken into consideration.

It's a personal choice. I don't like the Husky saws. I don't like the stop switch or the compression release button on the side of the cylinder. I think they are a good saw but there not for me...I like my Stihl's They aren't the fastest or the lightest but I know they will take a beating...........This is another:deadhorse: thread, here we go...:popcorn:

again? really?

husky has my vote, but stihl are also a good product

try both if you can and see which one feels right to you

cheers,
Joe

Try them all and see what fits you best. One model Stihl may fit better than a comparable Husky, but in a different size or type saw, Husky may fit better than the same type Stihl. you may find dolmar works better for you. Or a Wildthing:jester:

Same thing I say over on the tractor board when people ask this. First figure out just what you need to accomplish, then try all the brands and model of tractors that fit the bill. You may be looking at Kubotas, and be surprise to find a Deere fits that application, and operator comfort better. Or New Holland.

Same for saw, pickup trucks, beer...

Although, beer will make you smart. It made Bud weiser...

it shouldn`t be all about feeling guys, I do believe that it really taste is involved, but two cars can be compared;
Robert speaks the truth in this.

I value your opinion as experimented men; but there must be a way to say; ok, in 50 cc class that is better (maybe explain why) and in the 70 cc class the other one is better and why.
wich one feels better is also impoetant.

I know that this topic exists like forever but what is said here for me means money and time and content or not; somehow.

I wish I started a poll to see the AS overall votes. who will be the president ?

to make things easier, I am more interested in Stihl MS 361 or Husqvarna 357 XP

maybe the real question for me is not Stihl or Husky,
but 361 or 357 xp ?

any owners with both ?

is there anyone who`s not taken sides ?

wich is better and worth the money ?

it shouldn`t be all about feeling guys, I do believe that it really taste is involved, but two cars can be compared;
Robert speaks the truth in this.

I value your opinion as experimented men; but there must be a way to say; ok, in 50 cc class that is better (maybe explain why) and in the 70 cc class the other one is better and why.
wich one feels better is also impoetant.

I know that this topic exists like forever but what is said here for me means money and time and content or not; somehow.

I wish I started a poll to see the AS overall votes. who will be the president ?

but 361 or 357 xp ?

any owners with both ?

is there anyone who`s not taken sides ?

wich is better and worth the money ?

I have both. They were both modded by the same builder treeslinger. Both are great.

What do your dealers have? I know of two dealers near me that have Stihl and Husky; both have logs out back for cutting cookies(I usually shop at these two stores). The other dealer has Husky and Echo; they have always have a couple logs for cookies too.

To the OP of the thread...

I'm sorry but all you're going to get are probably smart alek answers to your inquiry. This is such and old debate on here that no one really cares which one... A "vs." thread is almost as bad as an "oil" thread. Beat to death... over and over, and over.

I know you're new here, and from another country... but don't be suprised if you don't get many answers that really pertain to the topic.

Gary

Telepatique

but 361 or 357 xp ?

Both good pro saws! I've never run a 361, but I do like my 357 a lot!

Back