Stihl Performance Mods

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slidegod

Reaction score
I had some saws stolen earlier this summer and the insurance company replaced them with a MS290 and a MS200t. I got the 290 a few weeks ago and was very unhappy to say the least. I went ahead and ordered a Walker muffler for it but was wondering if there are any other mods that can be done that won't cost too much, maybe head milling (Im at 7500 ft) or boring out to same as MS390 etc (I lost my job, which is why I can't just buy a 440 or 460 and dont cut a whole lot anyway). I don't mind tearing down the saw to do the work I am just not familiar with what can be done on chainsaws. Any help would be appreciated greatly!

THe insurance company sent you saws instead of money?:confused: What was stolen? I usually carry high enough deductibles that I won't be getting anything from insurance except bills but IF I had a claim I'd want dollar value or insist on exact replacements.

Sorry, I'm not able to help with modding details-I ca open a muffler and adjust a carb but milling and port timing changes are beyond me.

Back