Stihl rapid super 3/8 pitch .050 gauge 72 drive length

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cloud IT

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Where is the best place to order this online? The local dealer is never open when I'm close by to pick one up.

Thanks

Stihl dealers are not allowed to sell online. I'm not saying you cant find that chain online, its just not as simple as other brands of chain. Type in "33RS72" into ebay.

That's your only shot. You will not find them online otherwise.

I've found the Stihl RSC at small independent chainsaw repair business

This thread came at a good time. I have a new 33RS72 chain and a sharpened once oregon 3/8 .050 72DL square chisel chain that I have no use for. I'd like to trade the 33RS72 for a 26RM67.

I've been ripped off by eBay too many times and have sworn to never use them again.

Why does Amazon sell the RSC but not the RS?

Edited to fix my aixelsyd :givebeer:

Last edited:
If you meant RS & RSC, they are the same chain. Iirc Stihl dropped the "C" from the name but did not make any changes to the chain.

No the 3 means low kick back RSC3 has the bumper link,C means comfort for lower vibration.RSC=Rapid Super Comfort but for whatever reason they dropped the C.

Anyone got a line on some stihl rslk 3/8 .050 chain. I bought some a while back and I have guys looking for more but prices have gone through the roof.

Originally it was RS. Then they changed name to RSC and made changes to the chassis slightly to make it a little lower vib chain, but there was no change to the cutter. Now they have dropped the "C" and call it RS again, though it has a slight different chassis than the original RS...however, the cutter remains the same.

Originally it was RS. Then they changed name to RSC and made changes to the chassis slightly to make it a little lower vib chain, but there was no change to the cutter. Now they have dropped the "C" and call it RS again, though it has a slight different chassis than the original RS...however, the cutter remains the same.

As far as i know, that is the exact story of the 2000s - but I am not sure that there weren't different versions of the RS before that?

I somehow doubt that the large ramped rakers were on the original design?

Exactly right :cheers:

Latest posts

Back