Stihl Rapid Super Chains

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sprocket

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Would you consider the Stihl Rapid-Super Chains to be the best for cutting hardwoods & those really dead hardwood trees?

thats what i really like, the only thing i don't like about the stihl chain is the price!!!:eek:

I really like the stihl RS, at my dealer it is the same price as oregon. He charges 1.00 per inch on bar size, 20" bar = 20.00 a chain, 24" chain 24.00 etc. Don't know if that is reasonable or not but the free advice I get keeps me going back for more.

I would agree it being a great chain. I always charged by the drivelink (.35 up to 3/8 and more above 3/8). 1/4 pitch chain was a real bank buster, but only homeowners really ran that stuff on their antiques.:D

Run Stihl 46 RSF

Bought a roll for $300. Cuts like a champ.
404 full chisel Full Skip 063
Anyone know a better chain let me know.
Still trying top find a great 3/8 chain combination.
Never looked too hard since the 46RSF cuts so good.
Run Sabre .325 Full Comp Full Chisel on the smaller saws.
But this wil change when I run out of the roll.

I've run the Stihl RS in 3/8" and .325" on various saws for years, really like it. Recently was asked to test a couple Oregon styles in .325 on my 026, so far they seem pretty good.

treeclimber165

What Oregon types are you using in the .325 and 3/8. What is the application?

Chain Prices

Twenty inch bar $1 an inch? You should shop arround on-line
commercial cutters direct has Oregon 20 " loops for $9.95 if you buy 10 . Even if you add in shipping thats 50% savings. No tax if out of N.Y. Corey

Back