Stihl Roller Chain Catcher's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tt

There is no kit that I know of for 046.

You will have to order inner/outer spikes along with nuts & bolts and roller chain catcher

440/460 inner 1122 664 0506
460 outer 1128 664 0501
Roller chain catcher 1122 650 7700

Dealer should have on hand the 2 screws and nuts you need for outer spike.
9008 319 0960 2 Hexagon head screw M5x12
9214 320 0700 2 Lock nut M5

Check these numbers over with dealer before you order them.

Look it spend close to $40 for items listed above.

TT

Thanks alot TT

Are roller chain catchers really worth while of putting on,any advantages on a 260pro??

I use this saw for noodling and bucking ,occasionally fall a tree.

Are roller chain catchers really worth while of putting on,any advantages on a 260pro??

x2

Would like to get a set on my 026.

In my opinion double dawgs and roller catchers would way overkill on an 026/ MS260. These small saws make fair limbing saws but are really too small to be used as a felling or bucking saw. The double dawgs would severly limit the handling of these saws in the tree top brush/limbs etc.
Pioneerguy600

In my opinion double dawgs and roller catchers would way overkill on an 026/ MS260. These small saws make fair limbing saws but are really too small to be used as a felling or bucking saw. The double dawgs would severly limit the handling of these saws in the tree top brush/limbs etc.
Pioneerguy600

I use it to fell trees though as well. Its my only saw.......

The only advantage I could see is for the noodling maybe. Even then, only if you have cogging issues. I have used my 026 to fall often. Trees in the 12in. and under size. The single stock dawg works just fine IMO.

Don't really need dawgs on a saw that small anyway, in my opinion.

We got some saws that size at work, they all have their dogs removed and I can't say I've once missed them.

However, I've ordered up some larger dogs for my 70cc saw, and hopefully they will arrive later this week. Should be good to mess around with.

Back