Stihl Saw Chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where do you guys buy Oregon chains! I'm switching to them!

Basic Oregon chains are available anywhere. If you want specific types, especially the higher performance, 'pro', or specialty stuff, you will have to find a shop or catalog vendor that caters to those users and makes up loops off of a reel.

(e.g. see this thread http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=112879 )

A.S. sponsors, as noted, are a good place to start. It's also a good way to check out local shops, by finding what types of chains they stock.

Philbert

Last edited:
It does sound wierd. I bought a roll of that Windsor stuff which seems to work fine. One thing I noticed is this:
You know that little line that is supposed to be a reference guide for sharpening? Well, I use thos Pferd file guides instead of following that line which seem to make it sharper . The Pferd says its 35 degrees and it is not the same angle as the reference line on the cutter. I don't really get into all those numbers, angles, pitches and whatnot but I do know that my 44's need to be held back when I am done sharpening with the Pferd guides. Full chisel of course.
But don't it piss you off when you walk in a place to buy what you have always used and they say something like that?

Last edited:
Back