Stihl TS360 - Interchangability ???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 64030

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
From the searches I think the P&C interchange w/ a 08s, is that correct? Any others? What other saws might these parts cross-over?

I picked one of these up in a box of other "for parts / non-running" saws (15 in all). Just wondering of anything has any use to the AS community from this cut-off saw. P&C was already off so no compression checks guys, sorry. I don't have pic or time to take them as of yet...

The cylinder has Stihl 4201 & MAHLE cast on one side and 49Z93 and W7 on the other the piston is MAHLE as well and looks like 8767 (the 7 barely looks like a 7), R031, & 138 are the casting number inside the skirts. The cylinder looks to have some transfer around the intake port, not sure if it is worth a dime, or I should add it to the scrap pile. I pretty much have the entire engine, air-filter cover down, and recoil to clutch drum. It looks as though it sat out in a rain storm as the crankcase was full of water, but no rust.

If it has a use it will get pics and a post in the swap meet thread. As it stands now only the 306 Poulan I have any pics of.... and still don't have them uploaded....

I got next to nothing in this pile of saws:

- Mostly all OLD (read non plastic) greenies : 306, 3800, 5200 (bottom-end only), a 25 DA and a beige/faded green (???) "Skill Saw" that looks identical to the 25 DA two other top handles 2300 & Micro XXV "Deluxe".

- A few Macs (plastic big-box store line I think)

- Husky 245 SE (bottom-end only)

- Two Homelites a little red and some red/yellow throw-away saw

- Oh and a Remington electric saw (but that makes the number 16 saws in all)

Really only picked it up to help out the folks here, not trying to really make a dime, just not loose any either. :msp_wink: Per saw I only got a few dollars each (count the $ on 1 hand not use all fingers). I expect some are File-13/scrap pile worthy only. As I get time I'll get pics on the swap meet thread, but my time is limited.

dw

TS360, TS350 and 08 and their 'S' versions. All are based on the same crankcase too, with the odd little variation over time.

Thanks...

TS360, TS350 and 08 and their 'S' versions. All are based on the same crankcase too, with the odd little variation over time.

Well I know the cases are physically different (no oil tank for bar oil), but does that mean things like coil & carb also have some uses? Just trying to determine what not to toss....

dw

The cases are the same, the oil tank and pump on the 08 is a separate unit incorporated into the sprocket cover.

08oiltank.jpg

The easiest conversion is the TS350 to 08 and vice versa as I think the original cut off saw arm was probably an optional accessory to the 08.

The carbs are the same basic unit with slightly different bolt on adaptions to the inlet side, but will interchange with a little switching of parts; the TS360 is a little more fiddly as it's cable actuated rather than the linkage that the TS350 and 08 share given their common top cover.

Other than adding chain adjuster, swapping the belt pulley for a chain sprocket and adding a hand guard (non-chain braked version) I would think you could have a 350 converted to an 08 (with better air filtration) in less than an hour.

flywheels, coils should all be the same.

The cases are the same, the oil tank and pump on the 08 is a separate unit incorporated into the sprocket cover.

Other than adding chain adjuster, swapping the belt pulley for a chain sprocket and adding a hand guard (non-chain braked version) I would think you could have a 350 converted to an 08 (with better air filtration) in less than an hour.

flywheels, coils should all be the same.

Thanks! I'm not looking to rebuild it, it is heading to the swap meet thread once I have a minute for pics and such which will be no telling when (work+school+hunting season+????).

Rep sent!

dw

There is a 360 in a pawn shop here in Lexington they are asking several hundred dollars for. The air filter cover is broken to pieces, maybe they want yours.

There is a 360 in a pawn shop here in Lexington they are asking several hundred dollars for. The air filter cover is broken to pieces, maybe they want yours.

That I have... the A/F cove is in good shape the model # is a bit wore off , but that's it.

Heck I hope I can get pics and information on these saw to post before Thanksgiving rolls around (that's the goal anyway).

dw

Latest posts

Back