Stihl vs Husky? If you dare!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had a consider of both as my mate has stihl. I have all Husqvarna just prefer the feel. They're both probably the premier brands and certainly not chinese like the Baumr-AG stuff sold heavily on eBay for example.

Started with a 340 for gardening and to chop out a 5m high apricot tree with severe trunk cracking. Bought that as I went to rent a saw and it scared me the condition it was in.

Kept that, used it on some up to 5m conifers and bushy things after moving house.
Now put in a wood heater after 300% power price rise in 7 years for heating electricity. House is setup with split system heat pumps that are now switched off at the circuit board due to the crankcase heaters.

But saw slow in dense hardwoods. Bought 576xp at locally to get cubes etc. then bought an emu legged 261.99, just arrived. Got it together tonight and started at 9pm and revved to disturb the neighbours :blob2: it's a bit louder with the mod ;)

And all going ok it's gunna get christened tomorrow, got a wood trip happening so long as a road isn't closed due to bushfire.

Last edited:
TruckStihl.jpg

090pic1.jpg

090pic3.jpg

I have a few huskies too

must be a european model ,they were badged 064 in the states with screw in fuel caps

I don't think the MS640 was sold in the US (or here in Norway), but it was sold on many other markets.:msp_smile:

However, I am not sure if they were made in Germany, or in Brazil.

I don't think the MS640 was sold in the US (or here in Norway), but it was sold on many other markets.:msp_smile:

However, I am not sure if they were made in Germany, or in Brazil.

hmm now im wondering if there was ever a ms240,ms340 or ms840

Latest posts

Back