Stihl vs. Husky........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are all products of our environment, to a certain point.

My dad owned Ford pickups when I was growing up, so I bought a 1976 F250 and a newer F150.

When my Dad started me cutting firewood, it was with his husky 350. Now I have a lot of orange saws. He's got an ms270 now and grabs my 357xp more often than not!

My point- if I'd grown up riding in Chevy pickups and if dad had a 290 farm boss for me to learn on, I'd argue for different brands. Probably own a fleet of Stihls.
Doesn't make either one better or worse, you just have reasons to stand behind your favorites.

I used to be a residential assistant in a freshmen dorm in college- you guys have nothing on the BS spewed by those fellas!

My dad owned Ford pickups when I was growing up, so I bought a 1976 F250 and a newer F150.
LOL
My dad had a Sears saw, and then a McCullough when I was growing up... my first saw was Poulan, and dad didn't buy a Stihl until after he used mine :laughing:
But I'm just pokin' at ya'... I get your point.

even like punching a mod??? saw troll was dead correct...keep em loud, motor mouth,,your hearing will be gone before long....
Yeh his posts match yours, both pointless and senseless. "I have a potty mouth"

I have used both and both have worked to out food on the table, gas in the tank, and clothes on our backs.

I grew up in a Stihl family but I now prefer Husky. Either one will get the job done but a Husky is easier to start than a Stihl IMO.

NICE TO SEE EVERYONE GETTING ALONG SO NICELY!

The difference between brands often comes down to personal preference, which is fine, I'm glad there is more than one brand to choose from, keeps the competition a little honest. While I am very happy with my Stihls, I've run Huskys and Dolmars that I'm sure I would also be very happy to own.

It is always nice when someone likes their saw, I don't care what brand. I also enjoy running other brands at GTGs or when with friends.

The only thing that gets me going is inaccurate information, which, unfortunately, is often out there. Conversely, this site will give you far more accurate info than any place else if you look for it.

Re: Musical Groups - No matter how much I like one or the other, eventually I want to listen to something else, so I'm glad the variety is out there also.

Enjoy your cutting everyone!

How much do you value making comments like "I have nards of Stihl"? Is is it a deal breaker to settle for Husqvarna? Or is Le Poulan-Rouge more your style?

You can't hide a crap saw. Chevy and Ford blah blah blah--so many are not even used like a truck. But most of us still (STIHL?) use chainsaws.

Zeppelin doesn't compare to this IMO. It may be simple to play... but just cause it's simple don't mean it's not as good

We don't troll here, we skid. Trolling suggests sitting in a boat and dragging a lure. Skidding is sitting in a skidder and dragging a log. Lol

Thanks for that. I just assumed troll on the internet, usenet discussion groups and the like was the creature that hid under bridges. So it really comes from fishing.

Everyone who says dodge sucks has had their ass kicked by a mopar at some point in their lives, usually the ford guys who still stand behind the worst diesel engine ever built ( yup, the 6l)
QOUTED FO TROOF

or the chev guys who are just brand brainwashed, almost as bad as stihl guys!all!
OK,
Now You Are FOS, cause Stihls are not in the Shop Nearly as much as the Bow Ties

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back