stihl024AVQ

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ranger-1

Reaction score
I just purchased a good used 024 can anyone tell me anything about it not useing it for everyday use just storm clean up ect. it came with a 18" bar the manual i got that came with it for a 024 said it only goes up to 16" is this true and will the 18" hinder it's performance and is there a web site i can find more info on this saw I have a 2.2 cui 16" craftsman and wanted a better -n- longer bar saw thanks..... ranger-1

ranger-1 said:
I just purchased a good used 024 can anyone tell me anything about it not useing it for everyday use just storm clean up ect. it came with a 18" bar the manual i got that came with it for a 024 said it only goes up to 16" is this true and will the 18" hinder it's performance and is there a web site i can find more info on this saw I have a 2.2 cui 16" craftsman and wanted a better -n- longer bar saw thanks..... ranger-1

I have 2 of those 024's, nice little saws. They will run a 18 inch bar with no problem. I got a 16 on one and a 18 on the other, both do just fine.That Craftsman is not in the same league as those 024's. I pitch those things in the dumpster all the time because they are what they are, throw away saws. Good while they lsat but when they break picthem. A 024 taken care of will out live 20 of those Craftsman.................

I owned one myself, they're nice saws. displacment is either 42 or 44ccs, or somewhere in that area, and adaquate power to pull an 18" chain easily.

you better believe they're reliable machines. that figure of craftsman to Stihl saws in life expectancy is probably for the first 5 years you own it. the Stihl is good to live for bout 2000 hours of use, probably more, but the crapsman is lucky to live 100 in many cases.

Latest posts

Back