Stihlmans Wood,Tree cutting ramblings...........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The HD filter has that felt outer pre filter.
The HD2 filter is the new one and works heaps better for us anyway with the very fine dust we commonly have from Ozzy woods i recommend the HD2 filter.:)

Got hold of a nice Redgum log to mill up.

attachment.php

attachment.php

The HD filter has that felt outer pre filter.
The HD2 filter is the new one and works heaps better for us anyway with the very fine dust we commonly have from Ozzy woods i recommend the HD2 filter.:)
Thanks man, that is what I ordered then. Probably better for everyone. Redwood dust can be bad too.

I hope Husky can come up with a similar filter design to HD2 in the near future, because I haven't had good experiences with their filters in the past. I might even buy some more husky's then too... :msp_biggrin:

I think this is a yellow box but not dont know ?.
Please let me know if you know,i have the trunk part and may slabb it if i can find out what it is.

attachment.php

This what the bark looks like higher up.

attachment.php

I set up the ported 441CRM Tronic today with a 20'' bar and 8 pin for blocking,interestingly get about 30 to 35 mins out of a tank compared to the 460 about 25 to 30 mins but the 460 is stock a ported one would use more.
Fuel per tanks
460 800cc
441 725cc

The 441C is so much more user freindly than the 460 in every way,smoother very little vibs,less fumes, better filter system, simple starting system, a joy in every way.:msp_thumbsup:

Put an Oak log on the ute to bring home but could not roll it off,got the quad bike out with a little help got it off and all is good.
In the US i think they call Oak as a hard wood,well there is nothing at all hard about this Oak,wish all Ozzy hard woods were like this.:biggrin:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Put an Oak log on the ute to bring home but could not roll it off,got the quad bike out with a little help got it off and all is good.
In the US i think they call Oak as a hard wood,well there is nothing at all hard about this Oak,wish all Ozzy hard woods were like this.:biggrin:

Yeah I know they do go on a bit about hard stuff dont they Oaks just sweet n soft.

I try n get a good pic of a 6 plus ton limb section of a est 400 year old massive red gum that cleaved off on the weekend. Its over 1.5 dia in places and 8 metres long after we trimmed off the limbs. You wont get that on ya ute, n my crane truck bloke gonna struggle as well.

I think this is a yellow box but not dont know ?.
Please let me know if you know,i have the trunk part and may slabb it if i can find out what it is.

attachment.php

This what the bark looks like higher up.

attachment.php

Not a lot to go on there lad, so I'll have a guess yes either Eucalyptus melliodora Yellow Box or eucalyptus goniocalyx Long-leaved box

Me,,, well I'm a fan of the red box ;) Eucalyptus polyanthemos

Sent it over i will slab her up.;)

Narh sos its gonna be a landscape habitat log. We'll create a mulch bed below the tree and plant with native grasses etc usin the log as a feature to preserved the tree site and keep away passer by's cus if was a normal day with kid sports on,:msp_ohmy: dear god be squashed cars n ozkickers..

if the grain of the timber is as curly as the bark my guess and it is a guess is yes spose it's been dead for a long time no pics of the leaves or fruit even old fruit pods on the ground under the tree would help

Latest posts

Back