Stihlmans Wood,Tree cutting ramblings...........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
easy to see you never owned a 262XP

Nah definately haven't :) Although I've had tuning issues with the saws I've owned it's always been related to leaks, fuel, or filters. Once set properly I've never had to touch it. Guys that go cutting with a tuning screwdriver in their pocket every time really need to get a different saw. Unless it's someone like Brad who is always modifying and playing with them :D

david if you are still there can post the link too your thread on the limiters on your 261 please

found it

Last edited:
I assume Randy would have done all that for you.

my mistake i think, just read some of davids thread just put a 2mm allen key in, and it is turning it can't start it now to see neighbours. you can feel it turning there is frction dopey me seen the top of the limiter and thought he forgot my bad

mate this thing has got dangly bits

Last edited:
2mm Allen key is the way to go and just turn it a bit so that it is in the zone

removing the rib is only needed if you get lost and want to be able to screw it all the way closed and back out to the recommended starting position

261 mm

Andrew have you found time to measure the size of the muff mod on your 261

is there any indication that the holes in the spark arrestor support bracket has been opened up?

Andrew have you found time to measure the size of the muff mod on your 261

is there any indication that the holes in the spark arrestor support bracket has been opened up?

Ya sorry mate i was thinking about that this morning when i was using it,its on the to do list hope to gets some pics and measurements tomorrow after cutting for you.:smile2:

thanks that will be great

work is keeping me busy
I have stopped teaching and gone back to full time work.

I was proof reading electrical schematics today found 210 items for the draughtsperson to fix.:msp_ohmy:
Tomorrow I have to go set the switchboard builder and tell him the drawings were ..... not accurate. :msp_thumbdn:

Darren this is the comp gauge i use seams to work ok.
This is the 441CMTronic no fancy comp in this port job,just goes to show you how there is other ways to get performance out of a saw without high rpm and high comp.:smile2:

attachment.php

Darren this is the comp gauge i use seams to work ok.
This is the 441CMTronic no fancy comp in this port job,just goes to show you how there is other ways to get performance out of a saw without high rpm and high comp.:smile2:

Or you could give it high compression and get even more torque :)

Ok David 261 Muff Modds
The sparks screen is still in the original port,i assume this area has been ground out larger.
The extra port and screen are Husky as shown.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Ya not wrong mate,i feel like a sheet of fly paper everything sticks to ya,shaw dust and dirt good fun i think i may give tomorro and Satday a miss had enough for this week.:msp_tongue:

Put an Oak log on the ute to bring home but could not roll it off,got the quad bike out with a little help got it off and all is good.
In the US i think they call Oak as a hard wood,well there is nothing at all hard about this Oak,wish all Ozzy hard woods were like this.:biggrin:

attachment.php

How much weight can your ute take safely? I did not realize you would be able to put so much on one?

I would think a log that size would be close to maxing out any standard half ton truck here and the ute in the pictures does not show of anything special by way of wheels and tire selection or am I missing something:msp_confused:

I know airbags can make up for leveling a truck but in the long run the rest of the truck can take a beating. Just curious

How much weight can your ute take safely? I did not realize you would be able to put so much on one?

I would think a log that size would be close to maxing out any standard half ton truck here and the ute in the pictures does not show of anything special by way of wheels and tire selection or am I missing something:msp_confused:

I know airbags can make up for leveling a truck but in the long run the rest of the truck can take a beating. Just curious

you usually stop loading when the wheels fall off HAHAHA

on a serious note i think there is 2204.6 pounds in a ton and that falcon is a 1 ton ute and being that is a soft oak there ain't much waight in it

Last edited:
Back