Stil FS250 throttling up issue

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigfoot Bitme

Reaction score
Just got a used stihl FS250 handlebar brush cutter to clear some land my little brush cutter just does not handle well. I was told the carb was just rebuit and tuned, new filters and spark plug. Have not pulled it apart yet to verify anything. It seems to run at high speeds very well, it idles fair and dies sometimes. Main issue is pulling the throttle it bogs down and wants to die till it really gets going, does not die but it will not smoothly throttle up. I plan to pull the exhaust off and see if it is clogged, looking for other things to check to get this running optimal. Will be heading to the mountains on Thanksgiving to clean up our property so want it running real good before then. Do not want to have to use full throttle the entire time. Looking forward to clearing some hill sides without unclogging a small brush cutter all the time.

No stihl dealer near hear, but one close to our mountain house, how much would they charge to just adjust the carb, I would hate for it to run lean and burn up the engine.

Latest posts

Back