Stilh MS311 Problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There’s some aftermarket parts but no cylinder. Pistons, rings, bearings, and seals are available on the aftermarket. As luck would have it, I saw my son today and told him I was gonna buy a new saw. He told me he had an Echo that a friend gave him a few years ago and never used it. Turns out it’s an Echo cs-590, which is a nice saw. Gassed it up and it started on the third pull!

I have less than 10 hours on my 311 it overheats and diesafter a little over a tank of fuel. Will restart if hold WOT. I took it in and had it looked at because I'm busy working 3 jobs. I'm just cutting with my Husqvarna 455. Got a call today it has a scored Piston. Can't find a cheap replacement top end for it but I found a piston that said fits Ms362 ms362c and ms311. Is this correct? Will the whole top end work? I just want it running right to sell and get using my husky. And may have a 041av super on the way that runs for $225 with a 36" for a new toy. Also have a old John deer I'm playing with that I got free and got running. But don't buy new Stihl. They need to keep their California emissions sh** in California and sell the rest of us like us in Oregon here the good stuff like they used to

Husky 455 with 28". Doin the job all day my Stihl makes 3 cuts. Husky man now baby

I use my 311 as a backup but I mostly use it for cutting stumps flat to the ground it’s a great saw got it for free and rebuilt the top end I’ve cut 40in stumps and it just dosent care

I have less than 10 hours on my 311 it overheats and diesafter a little over a tank of fuel. Will restart if hold WOT. I took it in and had it looked at because I'm busy working 3 jobs. I'm just cutting with my Husqvarna 455. Got a call today it has a scored Piston. Can't find a cheap replacement top end for it but I found a piston that said fits Ms362 ms362c and ms311. Is this correct? Will the whole top end work? I just want it running right to sell and get using my husky. And may have a 041av super on the way that runs for $225 with a 36" for a new toy. Also have a old John deer I'm playing with that I got free and got running. But don't buy new Stihl. They need to keep their California emissions sh** in California and sell the rest of us like us in Oregon here the good stuff like they used to
You might be able to clean up the cylinder and replace the piston

Can't find a cheap replacement top end for it but I found a piston that said fits Ms362 ms362c and ms311. Is this correct? Will the whole top end work?

Piston and cylinder are different on the MS 311, 362. You have to use a spare part piston especially for the MS 311. A new piston (usable for the older and newer version of the MS 311) is 1140 030 2009. Talk to your dealer, he can help you.

I thought that seemed odd but thought I was maybe missing something I may just sell it to the pawn shop as is they will give me 150 so screw it and put it into that 041 super

Back