still hard start mac 10-10

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex36

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have finished my mac 1-10 to 10-10 conversion and it still is hard to start. Wont start unless i put some fuel into the carb. I have changed the plug, fuel lines, complete carb rebuild and its new fuel.Any suggestions what else it could be? I have another mac 10-10 that I rebuilt and it starts on either 1 or 2 pulls so Im thinking its deff something else, any help?

What does a condenser do by the way? maybe the ignition? I get a spark so I have no clue what it could be.

Does it stay running after you prime it? Your metering valve might not be set correctly, if not.

I can relate to a hard starting Mac 10-10. Used to have one back in the 1970's. Even harder to start was my Mini-Mac 6. In the winter I had to bring the Mini-Mac 6 in the house for a couple hours before it would start.

Good luck with getting to the bottom of the problem with your saw.

Nosmo

Mac 10-10

alex --

After priming it to start,
1- does it idle fine?
2- does it stay running normally/properly?
3- do the high & low speed adjustments feel correct?

Is everything great but the Starting?
More info.........

check the fuel outlets such as fuel line for cracks and pin holes anything that can cause a air or fuel leak check the filter

make sure it is not clogged alot of times the filters will get clogged over time and cause no start issues

Last edited:
after priming it runs. after a couple more pulls.

If you used a new after-market fuel line check for kinks and make sure it is seated on the carb tightly.

Check the carb. for dust over the screen the intake screen.

Make sure the carb, gaskets, and plastic cylinder intake are all line up and clear of debris.

Last edited:
well have to get new carb, was drilling out the plugs and went a little too far, yes when startted it did run nice, my father and i adjusted the carb nice but went to start a couple of days later and nothing. hopefully new carb will fix this.

well have to get new carb, was drilling out the plugs and went a little too far, yes when startted it did run nice, my father and i adjusted the carb nice but went to start a couple of days later and nothing. hopefully new carb will fix this.

alex what is the 600 # on the saw and the serial #

thanks
calvin

is it a zama or walbro carb ?

its a walbro ill get the serial but its the mac 1-10 that i turned into a 10-10.

Back