Stirring more oil into the pot

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is something just sooo wrong about using a BABY OIL, (also white oil based), BM whatever they chose to call it..... in a chainsaw or a dirt bike.

2 cycle oil that doesn't double as skeeter repellant

Whatsnext-

Thanks, I was curious because of the smoke you mentioned. You implied that it took a full tank for the smoke to disappear? When I switched to MX2T, I did the same thing as you. Poured the old gas out of my tank, then added to MX2T mix. I could tell right away when the MX2T mix got to the carb, the saw smoothed out considerably and ALL the smoke disappeared. When I cold start with MX2T, I get a brief white puff, then none at all. That's at 32:1. Before MX2T I used Stihl or Husky or Echo or whatever I came across and mixed it at whatever ratio the bottle was meant for.

If you're interested enough and can't find any MX2T locally, or can only get it by the case, email me with your address and I'll send you a pint. Make sure you put something I'll recognize in the subject line.

2Coilinveins said:
Whatsnext-

Thanks, I was curious because of the smoke you mentioned. You implied that it took a full tank for the smoke to disappear? When I switched to MX2T, I did the same thing as you. Poured the old gas out of my tank, then added to MX2T mix. I could tell right away when the MX2T mix got to the carb, the saw smoothed out considerably and ALL the smoke disappeared. When I cold start with MX2T, I get a brief white puff, then none at all. That's at 32:1. Before MX2T I used Stihl or Husky or Echo or whatever I came across and mixed it at whatever ratio the bottle was meant for.

If you're interested enough and can't find any MX2T locally, or can only get it by the case, email me with your address and I'll send you a pint. Make sure you put something I'll recognize in the subject line.

2Coilinveins, Wow. Thanks. I'm pretty sure that if MX2T is available in the US I'll be able to find it here but if not I'll e-mail you. My weedwacker spews out a constant plume of smoke. I'm not really sure when it stopped because I was cutting but when I turned around and looked it was gone. I fired it up again yesterday and it smoked, as usual, until the engine got fully warmed up ay which point it stopped. I only tried the BM because I got a pint from my B in L in the mail. I wasn't trying to make any claims as to it's greatness. On the other hand if it was that bad lots of motors would be damaged by now and we would all be hearing about them.
John...........

Csk

I just checked this morning, MX2T is also available at Schuck's auto parts. Might try any CSK store. MX2T is good stuff. :blob2:

MX2T in the Plattsburg, N.Y or Burlington, Vt areas

Does anybody know of or have a known supplier where I can purchase Mobil MX2T in the Plattsburg, N.Y or Burlington, Vt areas or Lake Champlain area.

Hi all

I got this emailed to me today ... looks like this is a great product.

In response to your post on the forum, Blue Marble is safe to use in literally any two stroke engine, air or water cooled, premix or oil injected. We suggest that people use it at OEM specification ratios, however, most people are finding that a ratio of 50:1 is just fine, even in extreme race engines. We've also had quite a few long time customers who've been using it for years, swear up and down at running it at 75:1, and I carry a piston around with me that was in an extremely hard raced KTM 65 dirtbike that's got over 250 hours on it run at 75:1, and it looks virtually brand new. The engine builder we purchased it from didn't want to part with it, as the engine was running the strongest it's ever run. There's virtually no wear on the piston skirts whatsoever.

Sincerely,

Jeff Waugh
National Sales Director
Envirofuels LP
www.BlueMarbleOil.com
(713) 821-9600 Ext. 200
(877) 685-8237
[email protected]

Ekka said:
Hi all

I carry a piston around with me that was in an extremely hard raced KTM 65 dirtbike that's got over 250 hours on it run at 75:1, and it looks virtually brand new. The engine builder we purchased it from didn't want to part with it, as the engine was running the strongest it's ever run. There's virtually no wear on the piston skirts whatsoever.

Sincerely,

Jeff Waugh
National Sales Director
Envirofuels LP
www.BlueMarbleOil.com
(713) 821-9600 Ext. 200
(877) 685-8237
[email protected]

put someone on that bike that knows how to ride, and the bottom end rod bearing will be sawdust in less than a week.

After frying a turkey I was unsuree what to do with the old oil. I tried mixing for my saws at 85:1 the horsepower increase and fuel economy was fantastic.(at least double) After pulling the jug the piston and cylinder looked BETTER than new. So at 1 us dollar per pint it's worth it's weight in gold,plus shipping and handling of course. :blob2:

RichO said:
After frying a turkey I was unsuree what to do with the old oil. I tried mixing for my saws at 85:1 the horsepower increase and fuel economy was fantastic.(at least double) After pulling the jug the piston and cylinder looked BETTER than new. So at 1 us dollar per pint it's worth it's weight in gold,plus shipping and handling of course. :blob2:

beautiful! how does that turkey taste fried up in two stroke oil? :)

Latest posts

Back