storage case for a stihl 441

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a couple of the Husqvarna boxes and find the larger saws won't fit in them. Home Depot was selling a nice tub with wheels on it that would hold two saws with the bars removed.

cool guys thanks. Yes that was ####ing hilarious. You figure if someone like me is spending 500-3000 on saws they would want to sell a case for them. I know I hate just putting the saw in the truck after just getting done using it. I would like to have my investment protected.

Last edited:
cool guys thanks. Yes that was ####ing hilarious. You figure if someone like me is spending 500-3000 on saws they would want to sell a case for them. I know I hate just putting the saw in the truck after just getting done using it. I would like to have my investment protected.

They do. The 441 will fit in a Stihl case, its tight but it will fit. Have sold several 441's and they left the building in a Stihl case, lid closed and latched. In fact one 441 I sold with a Stihl case was a Christmas gift. The man actually glued the lid all the way around so the recieving party couldn't get it open, now thats a neat way to pull trick on someone at Christmas....

My 441 fits just fine in a Stihl case. You just have to move the saw toward the back a bit when you place it in the case.

Case closed.

I have a Stihl case for my 441. I took a dremel and cut out the back top part where the saw touched the case . the case is dual layered there, now it fits OK. not much room for any extras inside, though I do keep a rag, scrench, and the tool pouch that came with it in case I want to adjust the oiler or something such as that. Yes I know there is a scrench holder on the bar cover. I am afraid it might fall off as sometime the sawbriers can get aggressive and steal things when I am fighting my way through them.

Yep, it'll fit just fine.

24" bar on the saw.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Just used a Power Box! Had to "Exacto knife" some plastics but, as mentioned before its double walled. Fits perfect.

Excellent idea

Nice thing about that being in a husky box I highly doubt you have to worry about it being stolen.:hmm3grin2orange:
:notrolls2:

My Saw Cases

Just used a Power Box! Had to "Exacto knife" some plastics but, as mentioned before its double walled. Fits perfect.
The Power Box is almost identical to the cases I build in the shop for my saws using hardwood. I usually use either oak or ash, about 3/8" thick, joined at the corners with box-finger joints. I leave a slot for the bar and chain. Then I build a separate scabbard for each bar and chain because I usually have two bar lengths for each saw.

My saws seem to love me for all this woodwork, and I enjoy building the cases and the scabbards. It's a terrific hobby. A case for the 441 would probably be just a tad larger than the case for my 361.

Latest posts

Back