Storing Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by StIhL MaGnUm
JimL,

do you mix 10 gallons at a time or just store the ten gallons then mix as needed??

Anyone have anymore interesting tips on storing saw for a couple months??

Later Rob

10 gallons at a time.

???? I usually only mix 5 gallons at the most at one time....Usually by day two it's all gone and it's time to mix up another batch..

Later Rob...

Does anyone know if the white bottle Husky pre mix has fuel stabilizer in it already?Just curious.....

Later Rob..

If you are only talking a couple of months I wouldn't sweat any thing-I've never had any problem even without adding Stabil. If you are talking long term then I opt for dry. Actually, though, I 've had lots of stuff stored a year wet start right up (though it tends to smoke and stink). I have also revived a few varnished carbs by starting the saw by pouring fuel through the carb-after 5 or 6 starts that way it isn't unusual for the diaphram to start pumping again.:)

fuel

If you saw how many saws get cured by removing the old fuel and putting in fresh, you would never leave old fuel in. Put it back in the can at least. Quantity seems to last longer.

It does get pretty bad up here at times but I still work through the winter I have just been thinking of giving the saw a break for a while and using my 064 for the winter since I rarely use it.

Stumper,

I'm only storing it till April at the latest,I have always stored my saws wet but from all the contravercy I was just curious about what everyone else here does with there's when they store them??

stihltech,

So what do you recomenned for storing saws for a short period of time say about 4 months??Wet-Dry-Sta-Bil?????

Later Rob...

Steve here...
Stihl Tech hit her right on the head. I have been running all my two strokes,and my small four strokes, out of gas, as I fog it, for years. No issues. My 911 and my Celica I leave wet,
I don't know if it's a good idea to run fuel injection dry.
We also have reformulated gas in our county. I go out of our county to get non reformulated Premium. Reformulated gas can go bad in a hurry..
Steve

Back