Storm acoming

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, but max sustained wind speed doesn't tell the full story of the damage potential!

True dat. Was just getting the info out there. Looks like it'll be down to a tropical storm by the time it hits NY, still plenty of damage though I'm sure. I'm sitting tight till at least tomorrow afternoon to see what it does there. Anyone from North Carolina care to chime in on the damage so far?

I had a call for a willow oak branch on a roof at 5:30 pm I laughed and said tomorrow , the wind is whipping and the rain is coming down hard .. I think not lady .. Does that make me stuck up ???

True dat. Was just getting the info out there. Looks like it'll be down to a tropical storm by the time it hits NY, still plenty of damage though I'm sure. I'm sitting tight till at least tomorrow afternoon to see what it does there. Anyone from North Carolina care to chime in on the damage so far?

The news here said that at least 3 people had been killed in NC, at that point - but I think it is safest to wait for official counts. The internet and more was down in the area the reporter was in, so we may not get any news from the AS members there in a while.

Looks like the Stihl factury in VB will get a visit from IRENE in a while.......

just a little rain here the city mandatory evacuation my street but i will not go i have 50 trucks to look after my son is 4 blocks away at the fire dept told me to call him if it gets bad will pick me up in a fire truck so here i am

Hailing from Northern VA here, Irene is upon us but not as bad as they said, although it's not over yet. One of our employees who just went back to school last week in Norfolk said there are trees down everywhere. We've only had a handful of calls/e-mails so far...

I'm in Rocky Mount, NC and we got pounded... I might be in need of a crane but it's too early to tell, I won't know til first thing Monday morning. I know the crane operator that I use will be loyal to the biggest outfit in town that gives him more business and I completely understand.... it's business. I sat at my living room window and watched a pine take out power lines around 3 pm. We lost power around 8 am when a lead on a maple beside the pine broke and went into the power line.... looked like something out of the movies... a flame literally shot out of my lamp post beside our parking pad... the lead slowly worked its way to the ground then the pole worked its way to the ground. While I was sitting there watching the roots slowly come up on my pine I noticed movement to my far left and watched an oak come down on my neighbor's north west corner.... less than an hour later he had an oak on his north east corner (didn't see this one come down). My wife and I were close to killing each other and now we're at her parents giving our twins baths and enjoying basic comforts... about 5 miles away and they didn't lose anything.

What's "guano", is that some kinda reefer, or something? lol.

What do avian fecal matter and cannabis have to do with each other, aside from fertilizer...?

JPS and OD both in new england at the same time. clash of the titans. LOL. best forum on the net!

What his ego vs my wisdom :laugh: He could show me something about making a crane pick mayhaps.

You would drive all the way to the east coast? Any climbers there?
Yep, for the right amount of coin and the right peeps, absolutely!

Can't quite understand the mentality of this site. You guys ##### and moan about the hacks you have to deal with in your area of operation, but are chomping at the bit to drive halfway across the country where you will be competing with hacks from the entire eastern seaboard. And guys lower than hacks, homeowners with a bow saw.
Thankfully, we aren't going anywhere, the boss man quit chasing storms long before i started with him. I hate storms, especially hurricanes, give me a good ice storm any day of the week, at least that way the southern pussies don't hang around very long.

Wasn't as bad as predicted around here, some limbs down and an occasional tree down but mostly small debris. The flooding was the worst part of it all. The best part of the storm was watching my dog kill a ground hog in the back yard.

How about other areas? How you all fare?

Wasn't as bad as predicted around here, some limbs down and an occasional tree down but mostly small debris. The flooding was the worst part of it all. The best part of the storm was watching my dog kill a ground hog in the back yard.

Hasn't fully hit up my way yet, but I think it's gonna be pretty lame.

I'd be happy with a couple decent jobs from existing customers... not really feeling all the out of work retards firing up their wild things and making a run at tree servicing it.

Thank god, just a run for the mill rain storm. Couple days of Ework for Nstar and some cleanup and back too business as normal. I wasn't looking toward to every guy with a pu turning into a tree service over night

A good amount of trees down on the New Jersey shore:taped::blob2:

Can't quite understand the mentality of this site. You guys ##### and moan about the hacks you have to deal with in your area of operation, but are chomping at the bit to drive halfway across the country where you will be competing with hacks from the entire eastern seaboard. And guys lower than hacks, homeowners with a bow saw.
Thankfully, we aren't going anywhere, the boss man quit chasing storms long before i started with him. I hate storms, especially hurricanes, give me a good ice storm any day of the week, at least that way the southern pussies don't hang around very long.

Most of the guys here will be going after the stuff that the idiots are going to bypass. One can make good money helping people out for about two weeks or so with this type of event. I know I'm not a hack, so I can be moan itinerant hacks and still travel for big projects.

The cockroaches travel for anything, and screw with the prices. We still have people from MN and TX wandering around the Metro area from a string of tornadoes, a few months back.Hack and slash for a low price point, then we have to try to "fix" the trees :rolleyes:

I regard myself too highly to to charge regular rates doing risky work.

fc7636.jpg

Back