Storm acoming

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I won't go as far as to wish for a storm but I sure would welcome it!

Dang! That is sad you feel that way!
F the people
I need work!
Sad!
Jeff :frown:

Yeah, we're just like those bloodsucking firemen, just sitting around waiting for someone to get in a wreck, or start a fire. Believe me, after Ike, I couldn't make it to a job without being flagged down by three or four people desperate for my help. Yes I was well compensated, and no I didn't gouge, and yes I provided a valuable service. Do I wish misfortune on people? No. But If Irene does hit, I will be there.

Yeah, we're just like those bloodsucking firemen, just sitting around waiting for someone to get in a wreck, or start a fire. Believe me, after Ike, I couldn't make it to a job without being flagged down by three or four people desperate for my help. Yes I was well compensated, and no I didn't gouge, and yes I provided a valuable service. Do I wish misfortune on people? No. But If Irene does hit, I will be there.

Ya'll dont need to go crazy on what I said. It is one thing to be there and be to help, it is another thing to wish it.
Guess if you were a heart surgeon, you would wish heart attack's on people(?), is the fireman 'wishing?
Jeff :mad:

If it hits far enough south me and two of the dudes I am working with now are planning on going. That is if it's a big one...

Ups and downs to living on Hatteras Island. Looks like we're getting it Sat. as a cat 3. Time to move the truck/trailer up on the ridge and watch the waves come in. Manditory evacuation tommorow AM here, but im sure there'll be plenty of others staying as well. Good luck to whoever else is in the path.

Yeah, that thing looks nasty. Major earthquake :biggrin: and a hurricane, right coast is getting beat up.

Latest computer models of the storm track look pretty ominous... They are predicting millions to tens of millions will be without power... Widespread tree damage...

Hope everyone in the storm path stays safe and heeds the warnings.

Ups and downs to living on Hatteras Island. Looks like we're getting it Sat. as a cat 3. Time to move the truck/trailer up on the ridge and watch the waves come in. Manditory evacuation tommorow AM here, but im sure there'll be plenty of others staying as well. Good luck to whoever else is in the path.

Carolinaclimber
We are currently in Avon and Securing the house then heading back up to NY at 3am...which looks like it may have its own issues with the projected storm path.
Stay Safe!
Scrat

Just got a message from a friend in the DC area. He wants me to be there by tomorrow to take out a large tree over his house ahead of the storm...

Last edited:
man we are in the middle of it 80 to 120 mph winds and ever one is calling about that tree i looked 6 months ago :bang:

Sounds like arbor-phobia is in high gear. If all turns out ##########, I'll be there. Just waiting to see where she goes. Call my pimp when I get there. I be HO'in.:cool2:

Back