Stove electric power?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hedge

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have been thinking it would be great to be able to be able to use solar power for my wood furnace. I know little about solar power(voltages and conversions ect). I want to build a system that can be made portable so it can be used for my stove in the winter and then power a couple other things in the summer. As I see it solar pannels are dang expensive and so the only way I can justify this and make it work is to use it year around. Has anyone tried this? Is there more efficient pannels? Last but not least good sites or places to work with to find the supplies I need. Thanks.. :cheers:

What part of your stove are you planning on running on Solar?
The thing with solar is that you need to be able to store the energy that you harvest, the biggest of panels might produce 60w or so on a sunny day.
You really need a battery bank to run stuff off either from 12/24v or through an inverter to give 110/230v

The Lorax
What part of your stove are you planning on running on Solar?
The thing with solar is that you need to be able to store the energy that you harvest, the biggest of panels might produce 60w or so on a sunny day.
You really need a battery bank to run stuff off either from 12/24v or through an inverter to give 110/230v

I should've included that the stove I have is a US Stoves Model 1557m and it has two fans that the motors are 120volt, 1/15hp, 2.6amp, 60Hz, and 1550rpm. I had a thought that I might try to build it as a small trailer that way it would be easily portable and yet be able to keep all the parts together. I can put it outback of the windbreak or one of the sheds in the yard so it wouldn't be "parked" by the house.. Is there a basic rule of how many batteries per watt of pannel output or such? Thanks.

Back