stretch air

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveBullman

User Formerly known as stephenbullman
Reaction score
if anyones debating wether to cough up the extortionate money these trousers cost, i just got my first pair and after spending the day going up and down 80ft poplars i can confirm they are the dogs genitalia

they are, but you seen the price tag!! the type A are pricey enough

sounds about right, i just paid £137 inc vat
think the type c are about £200 inc vat. that would probably work out best part of 300euros

Originally posted by stephenbullman
sounds about right, i just paid £137 inc vat
think the type c are about £200 inc vat. that would probably work out best part of 300euros

OK, clue us usa guys in ..., what are they? A pic?
Jack

Originally posted by stephenbullman
its the law here to climb in protection unlike over there
That law does not apply if you don't use a chainsaw in the tree, right? Is there a link you can post to that legislation?
Why can't the regulators find a real job?

Muscle-power cuts <_8" oak well enough. Let the poor dog keep all his parts.

yes its only in force if you are using a chainsaw
i'll see if i can find a link and post it

actually i believe for tree climbing operations type C trousers must be worn

yep sorry assumed you'd know.
type a are front leg protection and type c are all round protection, verrrry hot and restrictive

needless to say although its law i dont climb with type c, and i doubt many others do either. i have a pair that i had to buy when i did a test, and they aren't too bad to wear in the winter
i also think type c are good for people just starting out using chainsaws on the ground

the way things are going over here i wouldnt be surprised if we're all wearing chainsaw protective jackets before long
wouldn't that be special

yeah tried a pair ,very good fitting and plenty of flexibility in the material ,but just didnt find them hard wearing enough ,developed tears and rips within 2 days ,sticking to the sips and kneeflex,bit to fashionable for serious tree work,look good stood at the bar though,,,,,:cool: if thats your scene,,,

hmmm thats not good to hear. i've heard elsewhere how hardwearing they are.
besides they are made from ripstop so they should be better than a standard trouser material

I'm interested, but do they come in less sporty colors? green maybe? If I showed up in the woods with those on and a Makita 7900 the boys might beat me up for sure.

Back