Stripped clutch bolt

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Southernlogger

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
So I got this 395xp I'm re building the clutch bolt is stripped? How do I remove it with out damage to crank? I've tried everything one side of bolt completely rounded. It's 404 and I wanted to swap 3/8 any suggestions please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I got this 395xp I'm re building the clutch bolt is stripped? How do I remove it with out damage to crank? I've tried everything one side of bolt completely rounded. It's 404 and I wanted to swap 3/8 any suggestions please?

The clutch is threaded LH so turning it to the left will tighten it more.
Just a guess, some photos of exactly what you are having a problem with would help.

you could make a tool out of a coupling that will straddle the center and notch or grind out for the 3 leg's. put a plug with nut head in the coupling. air gun should take it off. or a large socket notched.

Ok well I was turning it right using a punch...I thought turning it clockwise loosened it because that what I was going with. This is my first outboard clutch

I'll take a pic tomorrow I'm in for the night and my shop is in the back of my property

Back