stroked 046

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lakeside53 said:
That production ended last year, and he replacement was the "small bore 660". Stihl finally figured out the trying to make "different" products with different parts just wasn't economically viable..

So is that the origin of the 650, or is it a child of the EPA....or both?

four paws, the stock transfer #'s are 135 degrees ATDC and the new ones are at 120 degrees ATDC. These #'s are for when the transfers begin to open. Please keep in mind that the transfers where also widened. The exhaust opens at 80 degrees ATDC

FHCW, This saw seems to be like the old version other than limiter caps, a very restrictive muffler and retarded transfers. Nothing like the 441 or 575

:popcorn: Dean....I built and ran a bunch of the 064's. Got'em to run quite a bit better than the 066's. Even won a few contests in big wood with them. Later Dennis

i have had great luck with the 064. in fact the 064 was one of my first mods. customer loves that thing.. dean saw what it can do. i built that saw while i was working for him. customer thought he was going to be a smartace and revved the saw up and just slammed it into a test log.. he quit laughing when the log slammed him in the shins and the saw just kept on cutting.

Dennis, got an clean 064 that I'd like to mod. barely feels heavier than my 046.

do you still remember what you did to wake up 064's?

Dennis Cahoon said:
:popcorn: Dean....I built and ran a bunch of the 064's. Got'em to run quite a bit better than the 066's. Even won a few contests in big wood with them. Later Dennis

046 said:
Dennis, got an clean 064 that I'd like to mod. barely feels heavier than my 046.

do you still remember what you did to wake up 064's?

I still have the saw and cylinder. The tip of the spark plug broke off and pounded the top of the piston and head but didn't hurt the crome. I'll see if I can find it and take a picture for you. Never did degree it. Later Dennis

Dennis, any chance you want to sell the dead 064?

I may be interested in a project saw...

Please PM if interested... thanks,

046 said:
Dennis, any chance you want to sell the dead 064?

I may be interested in a project saw...

Please PM if interested... thanks,

I don't have PM privileges anymore on A.S......but I'm gonna rebuild a few to sell first, then maybe I'll sell one. I also have 2 or 3 372's I'm gonna sell too, but Gypo already has first right of refusal. I'll post to let you know if things change. Later Dennis

Well i got my MS650 back from Dean at Washington Hot Saws and let me tell you that this saw rocks. WAY better than my 066 duel ported muffler saw. I will most likely just sell that one now, I just can not see myself picking that up for anything now, why would i now that i have a saw that will cut that much better. It really is amazing Thank you Dean

Hmmm stock 066, against a dean modded 650. No kidding the 650 out cuts it. Now send the 066 to dean have the same things done. Then tell use which one you pick.
Glad to hear you like the 650. Just not my cup for the money spent.

Cut4fun said:
Hmmm stock 066, against a dean modded 650. No kidding the 650 out cuts it. Now send the 066 to dean have the same things done. Then tell use which one you pick.
No this saw will smoke anyone that i know. And i had this one done because it is a new saw and my 066 is older so i put my money into a saw that is not all wore out and should last longer so that is my cup and my money.

Cut4fun said:
And i was not say i could not belive a modded saw could beat a stock saw, But some others said to post what i thought of it when i got it back, So i did thats all

I'm really hoping that my modded 650 will run with the 385, but will find out soon enough.
The ports in the 650 seem smoother and larger than the 064 or even the 066, so it may have potential.

I for one will be the first to get the big bore kit.
Ya baby, that's what I'm talking about, 99.9cc
Woo hoo! Just like my 999 Oleo Mac!

John

Gypo Logger said:
I'm really hoping that my modded 650 will run with the 385, but will find out soon enough.
The ports in the 650 seem smoother and larger than the 064 or even the 066, so it may have potential.

John
I hear you John. 99cc on the 066, Next.

Gypo Logger said:

John

John, have you checked the ports in a post 2003 MS660? They changed the porting around then - maybe the 650 and 660 are now similar? I didn't bother to take notice last I had one apart. I'll go dig though my junk pile and try to find a late 660.

As for 99.9 cc; a quick grind an we can call it 100! Maybe just put in a shorter electrode spark plug :)

Gypo Logger said:

John

I know you are not talking about cc's....That 999 is bigger than 99.9....

Latest posts

Back