Struck some gold on ebay tonight

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattfr12

The Bulldog
Reaction score
Picked up a 372xp and 036 always liked the 036 nice light and still a powerful little bugger. the 372xp is gonna be my first husqvarna never owned or ran one and have been cutting trees my entire life. never worked for a company that had anything but stihl's so I'm kinda excited to see what it has.

didn't even plan on picking thies saws up but the price was right i been on their stockpiling 200t's wanted to get 4-5 spares got 3 so far so the tally was 5 saws for tonight.

if thies saws are any good i might be done buying new ones I'm used to getting the beat down on my backside paying 900-1000 for a 70cc chainsaw.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Good buy. I am always a little lerry about buying used saws online. The main thing is you got to buy them cheap enough to fix them if there broken.

Good buy. I am always a little lerry about buying used saws online. The main thing is you got to buy them cheap enough to fix them if there broken.

ya i got the 372xp for 420.00 plus shipping at that price you could completely rebuild the saw and still save 300.00 bucks.

and the 036 for 240.00 i just couldn't believe it the new bar and chain are 50-60$ bucks where i live so if not i figured id have it for parts.

right now i started out with the intention of buying not running or needing work 200t's i have a great saw guy I've never been able to stump him yet. hopefully can get a couple running top notch and have a few for parts. so i can keep my 200t addiction going on for many years. i really don't wanna post a pic for you guys one day with a 201t in my hand.

I was close to bidding on that 036 last night. I think it is a solid little saw and you can't really beat the price.

036 sucks imho, or atleast the new ones do, but the 372 is one of the best saws ever made. I've bought dozens of saws used, and so far only got burnt on one, and there is a chance it was my buffoon buddy's fault. I got a BT145 blower and a 395XP for $450 2 years ago, and I still have both of them to this day. I've also bought several working 200T's for under 200 bucks. I would be leary of buying sight unseen, but if it's from a reputable source, then you should be ok.

Ya that's what I figured on the price you couldn't go wrong I love them little saws great for climbing thier like a 362 without all the garbage on it. I'm gonna try and pick up a few more tonight then ill have enough of the good saws to last me for a while.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Ya if I can't get them for about half price I don't go for it usually.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I really don't wanna post a pic for you guys one day with a 201t in my hand.

Come on, there not that bad. This could be your hand some day! lol

attachment.php

036 sucks imho

Ha. You and one of my employees would get along. He comes and tells me about a year ago "Man, I just work here...but nobody here likes those 036, ms360 or ms361's. I'm just telling you." I laughed and ask him what the problem was. He claimed they were a bastard size. Too big for little stuff and not big enough for big stuff. I'm kinda like my Grandfather used to be about chainsaws nowadays. Back in the fifties, sixties, and early seventies he hauled wood into Dallas. He always kept a brand new two ton Chev. truck and let people cut wood on his land and he would buy it at the stump. Somebody asked him around 1971 or so (he would have been 70 at the time) what his favorite chainsaw was. His reply was "The one somebody else is running."

Picked up a 372xp and 036 always liked the 036 nice light and still a powerful little bugger. the 372xp is gonna be my first husqvarna never owned or ran one and have been cutting trees my entire life. never worked for a company that had anything but stihl's so I'm kinda excited to see what it has.

didn't even plan on picking thies saws up but the price was right i been on their stockpiling 200t's wanted to get 4-5 spares got 3 so far so the tally was 5 saws for tonight.

if thies saws are any good i might be done buying new ones I'm used to getting the beat down on my backside paying 900-1000 for a 70cc chainsaw.

Whats next, some old rims and worn out tires for that knuckle boom you paid six figs for. Never heard of a busy outfit buying someone other guys trash. My boss is as "thrifty" as they get and still won't buy a used saw, for good reason. 200's and most other saws have a limited productive life span and most guys let them go for a reason. The 200 you save ends up costing ya three and more on lost time and productivity. Ya struck fools gold.

Whats next, some old rims and worn out tires for that knuckle boom you paid six figs for. Never heard of a busy outfit buying someone other guys trash. My boss is as "thrifty" as they get and still won't buy a used saw, for good reason. 200's and most other saws have a limited productive life span and most guys let them go for a reason. The 200 you save ends up costing ya three and more on lost time and productivity. Ya struck fools gold.

Whatever turns anybody on but I don't fool with used saws. I like to keep fairly new saws and besides we expense them out anyway.

i have no problem spending 800$ to have a fully rebuilt functioning 200t tho thats why its a good deal for me I'm not worried about them being worn out the parts can still be ordered.
we truthfully have enough saws that it doesn't matter but was kinda having fun buying some on ebay never did it before don't even have feedback yet. to say i have 25-30 stihl chainsaws would be a very conservative estimate.

has nothing to do with how much money we make our chip trucks cost 6 figures. an international cab and chassis thies days is 70+k

what your saying about saws if someone doesn't know they probably shouldn't be buying a used one because you will get disappointed its not an if sooner or later you will.

but that includes the busted ones that can't be repaired with might account for 8-10

Last edited:
Come on, there not that bad. This could be your hand some day! lol

attachment.php

I'm just not sold on it yet sooner or later I'm gonna have to we can't get 5 years out of a 200t their just used everyday and in the rain snow and hail and are not kept wrapped in towels. air filters get neglected just because of lack of time.

the cost of one doesn't bother me its i just loved the 200t that puppy would run.

i have no problem spending 800$ to have a fully rebuilt functioning 200t tho thats why its a good deal for me I'm not worried about them being worn out the parts can still be ordered.
we truthfully have enough saws that it doesn't matter but was kinda having fun buying some on ebay never did it before don't even have feedback yet. to say i have 25-30 stihl chainsaws would be a very conservative estimate.

has nothing to do with how much money we make our chip trucks cost 6 figures. an international cab and chassis thies days is 70+k

what your saying about saws if someone doesn't know they probably shouldn't be buying a used one because you will get disappointed its not an if sooner or later you will.

but that includes the busted ones that can't be repaired with might account for 8-10

I just can't beleive you weren't scammed outta your life savings. I am terrified of online transactions, I have no idea how you guys get along with that. Do you actually have the saws now? And how do you buy something like that you haven't even run? How do you ship a chainsaw anyway? I wouldn't think the carriers would haul it considering its a fire hazzard.

I just can't beleive you weren't scammed outta your life savings. I am terrified of online transactions, I have no idea how you guys get along with that. Do you actually have the saws now? And how do you buy something like that you haven't even run? How do you ship a chainsaw anyway? I wouldn't think the carriers would haul it considering its a fire hazzard.

all about the price at 400 and change for a 372xp i wouldn't be real ticked with minor problems. 240.00 for an 036 they gotta be deals you can't loose. no saws yet just tracking numbers

you been running saws long enough to know what your looking at and not get screwed you could probably save some $$. i put them on a Credit card that way i don't have to pay if someone steals the number.someone hit me for 500.00 once and i got it back.

ill make a video of them when they show up.

Hey Mr. negative. I've done really well running used saws, to the point where not only did I use them all for at least one full year, I turned around and sold them when I was done with them for a profit. If you keep your eyes peeled, and know what you're looking at, there's no problem buying used saws. I partially agree with your point of being able to buy a 6 figure unit, and not buying new saws, only because at that level, the gross income of the business must be such that there is a large allowance for tax write offs, but it still doesn't negate the usefulness, and cost effectiveness of purchasing a used saw.

Back