Struck some gold on ebay tonight

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Mr. negative. I've done really well running used saws, to the point where not only did I use them all for at least one full year, I turned around and sold them when I was done with them for a profit. If you keep your eyes peeled, and know what you're looking at, there's no problem buying used saws. I partially agree with your point of being able to buy a 6 figure unit, and not buying new saws, only because at that level, the gross income of the business must be such that there is a large allowance for tax write offs, but it still doesn't negate the usefulness, and cost effectiveness of purchasing a used saw.

kinda more for fun man i don't look at everything as from a business perspective I've got so many write offs this year I'm in good shape we picked up 2 trucks this year that was pushing 400k besides the k-boom a 2011 international hook lift with 2 20 foot containers wasn't cheap. a 600.00 saw would be a kinda weak right off not to worried about it the tax man will get it out of you one way or another. theirs no way for me to avoid paying taxes.

the saws are for fun the 372 is going off to one of the guys in the chainsaw thread as soon as i get it.

Last edited:
kinda more for fun man i don't look at everything as from a business perspective I've got so many write offs this year I'm in good shape we picked up 2 trucks their year that was pushing 400k

the saws are for fun the 372 is going off to one of the guys in the chainsaw thread as soon as i get it.

Hey brotha, no need to explain to me:msp_thumbup:

I think some people just go off half cocked about somethings rnd here at times, and those need to be questioned.

I think some people just go off half cocked about somethings rnd here at times, and those need to be questioned.

ya i dont wanna buy a new one. one with a blown motor would have been just as good. gonna be all tore apart anyways i need it for our local chainsaw races.

i can't beat thies guys with stock saws need something with some nuts and the mod guys seem to get a lot of power out of a 372.

i sent a 362 out to have it ported and I'm kinda excited to see what it will do.

modding some saws is just a new alley I'm looking in for fun. I'm put a tree up on a some stands and time it stock then send it off.

ya i should have quoted holden wood and not you but he made it to my ignore list. anytime someone doesn't have something intelligent to say and just takes away from threads or posts i just click the ignore button has been working really well for me.

your cool in my book ducati.

take a step back and look at what he posted for a minute everything he said is in some way to make himself look smarter, or more superior to me. what the point? but he can do it to someone else now. the whole thread was to start friendly conversation about someone else maybe finding a cool deal on ebay..:msp_tongue:

whats he trying to prove to the world that he's a better tree man than the bulldog because he doesn't buy used saws that **** is lame. i really wanna see this site turned around to where people can talk to one another like adults and not make lame jokes about ####.

theirs guys on this board right now that are afraid to ask questions because of fear or ridicule. no point in even having a forum then. when i joined way back when it wasn't like this. people where a lot more helpful.

Last edited:
Matt, you've inspired me ...

I just bought a 200T for $292.50 on eBay. They have a new 200T that has gone up to $630 without shipping, and it's still going up. That's $20 more than MFSL price.

ya thats a solid saw i would had bought it. probably one of the best looking I've seen go yet. other than a new one.

some of the new in box 200t's on their are selling for more than a 201 on the shelf today. its nuts what people will pay for a new 200t now.

thats what i like to hear. you hear that AA you and uncle lee are screwed might as well withdrawal all bets

Do you think a snowmachine D-ring starter handle will tip em off?? It'll prolly have to have one.:msp_thumbup: I built a 288 for myself that would rip those starters apart. Just a firewood saw too. :cheers:

I'll double down ...

thats what i like to hear. you hear that AA you and uncle lee are screwed might as well withdrawal all bets

We're working on a secret project to put a snowmobile engine on one of my 084's chassis. The sucker's a three cylinder 2-stroke putting out about 90 hp. Here's Lee adjusting the cutting bar:

IMG_0014+%28Large%29.JPG

Stumpy better put some secret sauce in your 362.

Last edited:
We're working on a secret project to put a snowmobile engine on one of my 084's chassis. The sucker's a three cylinder 2-stroke putting out about 90 hp.

the 372 so far is gonna be running on 110 octane race fuel so get some because uncle lee is gonna be pissed when he finds out you fudged up his snowmobile motor trying to put it on a chainsaw.

plus hew are you gonna get to lift that thing i see how you climb trees with the ladder and the set pole I'm gonna be able to hold a heavier saw.

you better get that thing made out of carbon fiber

in all seriousness the 110 octane race fuel is a go so far. you can buy it at the racetrack by your house PMS motor speedway

Last edited:
Do you think a snowmachine D-ring starter handle will tip em off?? It'll prolly have to have one.:msp_thumbup: I built a 288 for myself that would rip those starters apart. Just a firewood saw too. :cheers:

stumpy is as bad as ebay got me addicted to modding these chainsaws now I'm looking for stuff on ebay to send him.

And you aint even run one yet.:cheers:

a 562XP HUSKY would be a fun project. Just sayin:msp_tongue:

ya ill pick one up for you to play with on my travels I'm sure you'll get one in your hands sooner or later but in the meantime i got a nice pile of saws for you to work through.

We're working on a secret project to put a snowmobile engine on one of my 084's chassis. The sucker's a three cylinder 2-stroke putting out about 90 hp. Here's Lee adjusting the cutting bar:

IMG_0014+%28Large%29.JPG

send him your jazzy scooter he can probably get that to run on 110 octane so when your bidding jobs you can be more productive.:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back