Strunk and david bradley,need to know quick !

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roncoinc

Official Stihl Disser
Reaction score
I have like an hour to decide if these two saws worth $100.
havent been run since the 60's i was told..
CAd got a GRIP !!
were running when put away..
no model numbers,he wont even look,decide now or forget it..
tnx for any input..

attachment.php

attachment.php

Wait... if they were put away in the 60's... and the jerk won't even go look at the mmodel numbers for you... based on that description... I'd pass...

They aren't desireable... but parts are gonna be a little harder to find.

Gary

Those DB AH-47 geardrives are steady $50 or less machines. Plenty out there. The strunk might be a little more desireable if you can get it running. The seller sounds like a serious tool. He is lucky you're willing to give him $100 for those saws. My max on old non-runners like that is $25. Maybe a bit more for the bigger ones. Maybe less for those two.

Well,he is asking $100,, and willing to meet me 5 miles from my house..
emailed him about model numbers but you all know how Craiglisters are !!

I have yet to see a saw turn out to be an "investment"... :)

Gary

I have a load of time "invested" in a bunch of old boat anchors down here.

I agree with Gary, there are a few "investment saws" but they have letters like "KMS" "GS" or "BP-1" in the model. Neither of those qualify. I think it is GMMacDaddy (sp?) that have two of those Strunks now that he has been trying to sell for a while.

Well,he is asking $100,, and willing to meet me 5 miles from my house..
emailed him about model numbers but you all know how Craiglisters are !!

If you're feeling like aggravating someone, meet up and then tell him those are not what you thought. Wish you'd have known those model numbers before you made him come out.... :chainsaw: Oh well, I'll give you $30 for the pair. Better take your "piece" if you do that trick.

If you're feeling like aggravating someone, meet up and then tell him those are not what you thought. Wish you'd have known those model numbers before you made him come out.... Oh well, I'll give you $30 for the pair. Better take your "piece" if you do that trick.

Well i'm starting to get aggrivated now,he never did answer my email about the model numbers..
"piece" ?? i live in a free state,,you aggrivate me too much and you end up resting in "peace" LOL !
looks like it's past his "time" now , after supper pay no attention to the outside world..
really would like to have a couple oldies to play with as i never see to many around here.. would have given him $50 for the pair as i look at it less than a night out..

Well i'm starting to get aggrivated now,he never did answer my email about the model numbers..
"piece" ?? i live in a free state,,you aggrivate me too much and you end up resting in "peace" LOL !
looks like it's past his "time" now , after supper pay no attention to the outside world..
really would like to have a couple oldies to play with as i never see to many around here.. would have given him $50 for the pair as i look at it less than a night out..

Trust me... there are lots and lots of "oldies" out there in better shape than those 2 for 100 bucks. :)

Gary

I think it is GMMacDaddy (sp?) that have two of those Strunks now that he has been trying to sell for a while.

I do indeed still have them. The Strunk is a bit rough -- missing many parts and the DB has "potential" -- truly parts saws.

RonCo -- if you want them send me a PM, and you can have them for the cost of the shipping. Here are the links to the Tradin Post ads.

Strunk: http://www.arboristsite.com/pp-classifieds/showproduct.php?product=3376&cat=500

DB: http://www.arboristsite.com/pp-classifieds/showproduct.php?product=3381&cat=6

:cheers:

I do indeed still have them. The Strunk is a bit rough -- missing many parts and the DB has "potential" -- truly parts saws.

RonCo -- if you want them send me a PM, and you can have them for the cost of the shipping. Here are the links to the Tradin Post ads.

Strunk: http://www.arboristsite.com/pp-classifieds/showproduct.php?product=3376&cat=500

DB: http://www.arboristsite.com/pp-classifieds/showproduct.php?product=3381&cat=6

:cheers:

I want to thank you very much for a more than generouse offer..
those saws may be more of an undertaking than i can handle so i will pass.

The fellow with the two i was looking at finally got back to me..saws were running in the 60's,not touched since..wouldnt bother to get any models numbers or anything but did say he would deliver them for $75..
so now i am thinking again....if the saws are complete and MAY run without to much work ??
i have somebody coming to look at a saw i have on CL that would cover most of the cost..
what to do.............................................................?

the 360's are a dime-a-dozen. if the strunk is worth $100 to you, then i would get them. personally i wouldn't do this deal, and i have both saws.

emailed me with the model numbers..

" MODEL #P3-13 STRUNK
Eng serial # 2054031 C1079A david bradley "

Back