Stump Grinding on slopes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sbusta

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
OK Ive got some of the best toys you can buy (ain't this a great industry) but I still have one area I haven't covered & need to start planning how too. That is stumps on step hills & slopes. I can do it domestically with either the Kan-Du or Alpine but am limited commercially. I am considering a spider (walking) excavator with possibly a hydraulic driven head? interested in ideas & opinions as this is only in the planning stages.

Wow, I was gona say Alpine, but your idea sounds way cooler.

Other than that I got nuthin...:D

This is something I have been giving a bit of thought about recently, and it comes down money ! how much can be put into a machine and it still be cost effective ? Couple of ideas is to use the base of a tracked dumper, 4-5 ton , with swivel body then use a good sized tow behind unit mounted in place of the dump body which would enable the stump cutter to be at the correct angle using the tipping gear ? The second ,if money is no object, is go to Tigercat the timber harverster guys and buy a complete self leveling track under carridge and build on your stumpcutter. One of my customers ,Byrne Tree Services, have one of Tigercat's biggest machines which uses a CAT D9 undercarridge and are harvesting on slopes that wold make a mountain goat sick. Just think of what you could do with a 250Hp HURRICANE mounted on that !

we use a 8018 with a winch
attachment.php

Back