Stumper teeth

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kjd722

kjd722

ArboristSite Lurker
Recently bought a Dosko 337 that came with a bunch of extra teeth. The ones that were on looked pretty worn so I swapped em out with sharp ones...... no one in my area sharpens teeth anymore, so I am looking to find out A. how do I sharpen them, or B. how can I figure out what teeth can be run on this machine in case I need to buy more teeth? Thanks in advance!!

BigWill1985

BigWill1985

ArboristSite Lurker
Check out the Baileys. They sell a set of teeth called LoPro GreenTeeth that work amazing. Swapped out the teeth on my Vermeer 206 with them about a month ago, and haven't looked back. The teeth are actually replacable cups, which have 3 cutting edges per tooth. You can loosen them with a wrench, rotate them 120*, and tighten them back down to have another sharp cutting edge. So, you essentially get 3 sets of teeth in one set. They also cut great, and seem to last well. An entire set for my stumper (9 sets, so 18 teeth) cost me right at $400 shipped. I also went with the deep dish teeth, for use in less rocky soil.

~Will Courtier~

Fairbanks Stump

Fairbanks Stump

iStumpgrinder
Multi-tip?

Being a Dosko does this machine have the multi tip tooth design?
Weather it does or not makes not much difference ... I found that sharpening them my self is the ticket. I do it with the teeth on the machine, with a battery operated DeWalt angle grinder with a Green diamond wheel. I have fount that a half hour every night ( after 5-8 hrs of operation) I have reduced my teeth replacement cost by 75% as well as assuring that I have an ultra sharp set of teeth every morning. If you have any questions reply back or see my site Fairbanks Stump Grinders

Thanks Jon

pacific stumper

pacific stumper

ArboristSite Lurker
Green wheel

Being a Dosko does this machine have the multi tip tooth design?
Weather it does or not makes not much difference ... I found that sharpening them my self is the ticket. I do it with the teeth on the machine, with a battery operated DeWalt angle grinder with a Green diamond wheel. I have fount that a half hour every night ( after 5-8 hrs of operation) I have reduced my teeth replacement cost by 75% as well as assuring that I have an ultra sharp set of teeth every morning. If you have any questions reply back or see my site Fairbanks Stump Grinders

Thanks Jon

I've been looking for a green wheel that fits on an angle grinder,,,,,,, can't find one anywhere
Could you pass on the manufacturer and number on the wheel .

Thanks. Rich,,,,,, south British Columbia

Fairbanks Stump

Fairbanks Stump

iStumpgrinder
Call keith

Rich sorry I never got the MSG that you asked
If you call Keith at Alpine Machine he has the green wheels for your angle grinder I have been using mine for 2 years and use it daily in the summer
His number is 360-357-5116 and he will be happy to talk to you!

Tell him "Yon" sent you ( Norwegian pronunciation )

Thanks
Jon

flushcut

flushcut

Addicted to ArboristSite
Recently bought a Dosko 337 that came with a bunch of extra teeth. The ones that were on looked pretty worn so I swapped em out with sharp ones...... no one in my area sharpens teeth anymore, so I am looking to find out A. how do I sharpen them, or B. how can I figure out what teeth can be run on this machine in case I need to buy more teeth? Thanks in advance!!

Where in Wisco are you? I know of a few places some cheaper than others. There is a member here that sharpens them he goes by the handle blades and is on the north side of Milwaukee I can't remember what he charges, and there is a saw shop on Howell on the south side that grinds teeth but they are spendy. I use a guy out of Michigan called Monroe Rapid Edge and he does a good job for $3 bucks a yellow jacket as well as green teeth and a little less for standard teeth. I just send them out because I don't want to deal with the potential, sometimes severe, health hazards of carbide dust and silica dust. If you do a search there are many threads about sharpening stumper teeth and the how too's.

Latest posts