Substitute Crank Bearing Grease.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bacon grease works just fine...,

No way. Doesn't it fry too much on one side unless you turn it?

Serious?

90w gear grease work, or is that too heavy? Lithium grease too light and maybe gets gummy?

Have a seal to put in and need to do something that'll work fairly soon -- like tonight if possible.

Poge

I have used red high speed wheel bearing grease as well...is cheap.
I now use white lithium grease..cheap as well.
AGS® White Lithium Grease (WL-1H) - Automotive Grease & Lubrication - Ace Hardware

Actually, any multi-purpose grease will work fine.
The bearing only spins when the saw is in idle anyway..so not often..
:cheers:
J2F

Well, if the bearing assembly itself spins at all, I've got bigger problems than what grease to use -- or I used REALLY good grease! More concerned about the race being lubed since it's not a sealed bearing assembly. Was dry as a bone when I popped the seal and maybe why the seal was shredded.

If lithium grease won't gum up with the heat, I have some and guess I'm good to go.

Poge

I was referring to the clutch bearing...only spins while idleing.

Perhaps that is not that is not what you are referring to..??
:cheers:
J2F

Fish I had to grease up the bearings in an 011 t'other day. It were the large rod end. Got the piston all snugged down and then remembered the spacer. Took the cylinder off and the bearings fell out again! Those little saws will try JOBE. Mike

Uhhhh, it's a crank bearing thread? I think?

:bang:

The 028 clutch side crank bearing is open race on the outside and specifically calls for the oil seal to be packed prior to installation for lubrication of the CRANK BEARING.

But I'd really hate to confuse anyone with the facts -- especially on a Friday night.

:bang::bang::bang:

Poge

Last edited:
Well Poge just get to pack'in. If it makes you feel better pack the whole durned case full. If'n you got one of them there fancy put it together manuals why are you even ask'in us stupids?
PS might smoke a tad at first.

Well Poge just get to pack'in. If it makes you feel better pack the whole durned case full. If'n you got one of them there fancy put it together manuals why are you even ask'in us stupids?
PS might smoke a tad at first.

Well doggydaddy, between you and Fish this is startin' to smell like a vaseline thread.

Enjoy your evening together, boys.

Could you be a little more vague?:laugh:

And I think a spoonful would do. Not sure I need a whole tub woof for one bearing!

But what's it called?

Poge

It is called red high temp wheel bearing grease......... If I were any less vague I would have to go buy it and place it in your hand....... :D I believe you can get small tubes of it from a auto parts store, I have seen them at the local Advance Auto.

It is called red high temp wheel bearing grease......... If I were any less vague I would have to go buy it and place it in your hand....... :D I believe you can get small tubes of it from a auto parts store, I have seen them at the local Advance Auto.

Imaginative branding!

Thanks, Johnnie. There's an Advance store close by. I'll give it a shot.

Poge

Back