Substitute Crank Bearing Grease.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Imaginative branding!

Thanks, Johnnie. There's an Advance store close by. I'll give it a shot.

Poge

It is the cheapest stuff I could find, only a dollar or two for a 1 lb can. I also use it for sprocket bearings, wrist pin bearings, door hinges and about anywhere else that could use a little grease. I believe the only thing I have not used it for is to grease wheel bearings.........

Like you said, its an open bearing. How long do you expect the grease to stay there? Does the manual say how often to repack the bearing? Every 3000 miles or so? I bet if you use a synthetic grease you can push it to 10k. Don't forget to do the flywheel side too, as it is also an open bearing.

Some of the members here buy sealed bearings and pull the seals and flush out the grease before installing them.

As long as were talking about wheel bearing grease I'm gonna add that I do not use the red stuff on my trailer. Been using the basic high temp moly whatever it's called (black) stuff for years and it's been ok. I just give it a quick 2 pumps before use...kinda like the old lady.

As long as were talking about wheel bearing grease I'm gonna add that I do not use the red stuff on my trailer. Been using the basic high temp moly whatever it's called (black) stuff for years and it's been ok. I just give it a quick 2 pumps before use...kinda like the old lady.

Somebody is going to give you lots of grief for that.

Sorry dude, can't resist.

Your "old lady" must have a slow leak, she obviously needs a patch!

Latest posts

Back