Sudden Oak death?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn't that Hypoxylon, Mike?

Great article--it's encouraging that the guy is invited to present at the task force's meetings. It pays to go aboveground; that worked for those heading back damaged trees, and it may also work for the NEWTS.

'Ol Zingaro was being sued last I heard for advocating treatments that have no basis in factual scientific research.
What I do know is SOD does not effect younger OAK trees and he based some of his 'proof' on the young trees that had withstood inoculation by SOD followed by inoculation with his proprietary treatment.
Keep in mind I am a layman and dont really know what is the best way to go but I do advocate preventitive health care methods for my clients trees such as improving the growing conditions, reducing host plants etc.
Using the official treatment means continued treatment over an extended period of time (reducing the efficacy of the chemical, see preceding article) and many of my clients have very large properties with hundreds of trees. So short of cutting down acres of trees I just advocate prudent removals, deep root inoculations. Seems like most of the actual trees I have removed because of SOD have been Tan Oaks
Frans

I think he's a freak, He claims a major part of the reason he ended up in Cali is because SOD is there, blah, blah, blah.. I think it's because he found some freaks like himself there.:blob2: :alien:

After reading through that article, I guess I'm at a loss as to determining what it was they were trying to say.  It rather sounded like they were making cases both for and against.

Glen

Latest posts

Back