SugiHara and Oregon Bar overstock sale... from the Weedeaterman !!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see why the chain would rub

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know either. I was just wondering as someone else mentioned it. As you know, this area is not of my expertise. Just don't want to see you modify it, then be stuck with it & not able to sell it, is all.

I don't know either. I was just wondering as someone else mentioned it. As you know, this area is not of my expertise. Just don't want to see you modify it, then be stuck with it & not able to sell it, is all.

I'll put it on first to see if it leaks oil and if the chain rubs (which i highly doubt) but if its not gonna rub before i fix it it won't after either.

Just wanted to mention how helpful/easy this company was to work with. With a simple phone call all my options were explained in depth & my order was completed in minutes. Even gave the time to chat on a few other topics. In the 20 minutes we spoke, not once did i hear a ''NO", "Sorry our system doesn't allow that" or any nonsense like that from unversed representatives. This was all after business hours too. Dealing with this guy is like dealing with a friend & the way they do business should be a staple in the industry. Just wanted to share my experiences & spread the word for these vets doing a good thing.

SugiHara obviously needs to change out their current US importer.
Truth be told... from the importer, this is a side line that was started some time ago and doesn't pay like they thought. The main product they sell has nothing to do with chainsaws and have almost concluded that this is a loosing proposition.

My speculation; there isn't a defined distribution network like Tilton has and the one senior rep I speak with stated that there are only about 10 dealers in the entire US. Nobody is set up to do on-line purchasing except me, leaving local dealers in a defined area...I.E. the saw shop down the street. Lack of advertising is killing the line and because nobody really knows that this product is available except a few guy's that have been around a while.. orders placed some time ago to fill the shelves have sat and become stagnant, causing the line to be dropped and until recently, intended to drop all the Husky mounts, all small Husky mounts and small length Stihl bars. They were going to carry 20,24,28, and 32" only in Stihl and force everybody to use spring spacers for every application except Stihl because there isn't a market.

User feedback is almost non-existent and lack of a technical expert is killing them. They know the specs of the bars they sell, but for comparison purposes, nothing about what you guys like or prefer to use. How big a saw needs to be to pull a 28" bar or that the 660 likes a 32" bar or the 390 likes that one also. And the ordering system to replenish their inventory... months for delivery by boat. The hard spacers are hand made, come from Canada. I bought all they had and asked for a restock.. they ordered 10 that took 2 months to receive. I went through them in 1 week! It the same one Bailey's gets if your interested to know ;) and cheaper through them.

I hope that my involvement hasn't been a burden to anybody because of the extra level. My goal is to provide that distribution system they lack making the bars readily available, ship within a day or so and not 2 months, keep the price reasonable and competitive so anybody that has the inclination to have one can.

For those that like to call direct, I encourage you to do so as that is the feedback system at it finest and at this point, very desirable or they will dry up and won't be back. Tilton has expressed that they will not import the Tsumura version of the light weight bar for the same reasons as I mentioned above. That would leave only a few choices, Stihl or Husqvarna and Oregon light weight bars.

Randy

Hi everyone, Randy has me in a dungeon shipping bars. I wanted to say thank you to everyone for buying from Randy and I. We are trying our best to give you the best. Anyways thank you guys!! Look on the site, I am giving away items each month, This Month is a Sugi bar and a Powernow Carrying Bag, free shipping no Purchase necessary!

Thanks Guys!

Henry, The Weedeaterman,LLC.

I read someone put a piece of wood in the upper hole and cut it flush with the bar and it worked so i'll have to figure something out.

When i looked up the number on the Hev website the only number it showed was the AT number so maybe they quit making the K095 bar and just make the k095/041 bar now?

Are you trying to plug an oiler hole? I plugged one on an Oregon bar a while back. I used lead shot(I load my own shotgun shells), but you could also use lead solder. Stick the appropriate thickness of feeler gauges in the bar groove under the oil hole and then hammer the lead flat. File off any excess on the outside and you're golden.

Im trying to plug the entire adjustment hole. On this bar the oiler hole is in the adjustment hole and runs down into the bar groove. So im gonna plug both adjustment holes and redrill them.

Im trying to plug the entire adjustment hole. On this bar the oiler hole is in the adjustment hole and runs down into the bar groove. So im gonna plug both adjustment holes and redrill them.

Is this about a SugiHara AT mount bar on a Husky with captive bar nuts?

Back