Super 2 oil line question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatsfisher

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
putting this back together and I hate to admit it, but I can't remember if the oil line in the tank with the duckbill is supposed to be where I have it or down in the oil. or maybe it doesn't matter. assume this is the line that pressurizes the oil tank. thanks.
PXL_20220824_222927626.jpg

If you haven't done it already, be sure to remove the cover and check the diaphragm above the bar pad. It doesn't hurt to shoot a little brake or carburetor cleaner through the outlet to make sure it is open. I had one earlier this year with a stuck check valve in there, drove me buggy for a day until I got the check valve freed up.

Mark

If you haven't done it already, be sure to remove the cover and check the diaphragm above the bar pad. It doesn't hurt to shoot a little brake or carburetor cleaner through the outlet to make sure it is open. I had one earlier this year with a stuck check valve in there, drove me buggy for a day until I got the check valve freed up.

Mark
Mark, is this what you are referring to?
PXL_20220814_214754777 (2).jpg

40:1 sounds like a good plan. thanks Mark. back in 2006 or 2007, Mobil stopped making their MX2T fully synthetic premix oil because 4 strokes had taken over the dirt bike market and I guess sales plummeted. it was being sold at all the auto parts stores and they marked it down to 1 dollar a pint and 2.00 a quart. I had been using it for years in my bikes and power equipment and knew it was good stuff, so I went around to about 6 stores and bought everything they had. I've used about half of it, and this is what I still have left.
mobil 1 MX2T.jpg

Yes, correct in the installation of hoses. I still haven't figured out what keeps the air filter in place on those things..
Gravity and shape keep them in place. That's about it. When that filter gets old, it collapses and falls apart like a worn out sponge. Replacement is a must, and I've usually made some rather good ones in the shop. Luckily, I've never had to make a bunch of them.

got this thing back together today. cleaned and kitted the carb, new lines, new gaskets. still does the same thing it did when I bought it. squirt mix in the spark plug hole it fires up, runs a couple seconds, even revs and then dies. squirt some more and it fires up again. I just put it on the bench in disgust LOL. will give it some more hell in the coming days. got a few things going on. raining and raining here. makes us get out in the woods to ride our bikes while the sand is wet. mo traction. :baba:

good morning, Mark. I believe I got that right but when I did the kit for my 028 Super, I screwed that up and had to do it twice LOL so you never know. the reed appeared to be lying flat and tight. I should have known enough to replace the crank seals, but I did a pressure test a couple of weeks ago and it was ok. might get back to it today. thanks!

Latest posts

Back