• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Super Duper Awesome Ported Husqy 288xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my dad had a saying " you study long, you study wrong!":(
And your first answer is usually right. I am happy to see a saw in this condition bring good money. It makes me feel better about the growing amount of parts I have. I would love to have had some porting numbers for comparison, but that won't stop me!

Interesting. Can you take off the bar and sell PHO for less? I don't think a 20" bar matches an 88cc engine very well, and all my other husky bars and chain are 0.058 anyway.

Also, just curious, you said it had a new top end, but that the cylinder had a broken fin. I assumed that when you say a new top end you mean a new piston? I previously assumed new top end was piston, ring(s) and cylinder.

FYI, I also assume bottom end is crank, big end bearing, little end / needle bearing / wrist pin, bearings and seals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw just got dropped off at my door.opened it up right away. First thing I noticed is it's a 281 I'm guessing converted to a 288.

I don't use numbers.

i totally agree sling'r. i'm not saying there is nothing to the numbers by any means cause the people developing numbers to get good consistant results make some strong saws. i have ported a few saws now without any numbers and just knowing what certain changes will do is enough for me. run a saw first, judge it for what it is, then decide what you want out of it and go from there. the first saw i ported i lowered the intake a bit after a gasket delete not knowing what would happen. fired it up on the carb settings it was at before the work and the thing needed to be leaned out quite a bit after that change for some reason but ran a noticable bit stronger then stock. i thought for sure it would pull more air and fuel making the fuel/air mixture to be unchanged but it made the mixture richer. i then decided to raise the exhaust slightly. the thing ended up a screamer and i the same model saws that are faster aren't faster by much i'm sure. best of all, it didn't cost me a penny.

Latest posts

Back