Super pro 81e

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newman32

Reaction score
Hey...so I recently was given a super pro 81e from my grandfather. It ran once upon a time and is in good shape but it has no spark, I just thought I’d pull it apart to take a looksy and found this. Wondering if this has something to do with it. That came off the second module where the spark plug wire connects to under neath the fly wheel. It connects to the handle and the casing. Wondering if it’s part of the ground wire setup? It looks mangled to ****. Just wondering if maybe that could be the issue. I don’t know a lot about these old McCulloughs. Added photos of the places it connects with.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 8
Ok, best to post this in the McCulloch thread, but I believe that might be a ground strap? Since the av on these isolates the kill switch. The 2 peice electric ignition is also replaceable with the more modern 1 piece from a 610mac I believe also.

Figured out that’s not the problem and it is the ground strap. Kill switch isn’t the problem either. thank you for identifying.
Ok, best to post this in the McCulloch thread, but I believe that might be a ground strap? Since the av on these isolates the kill switch. The 2 peice electric ignition is also replaceable with the more modern 1 piece from a 610mac I believe also
It is the ground strap...just figured it out. It’s not the problem tho...the kill switch is fine too no problems there. The plug wire was replaced it was wrapped in tape and when I pulled it apart it was sodderd together.

Back