Superaxe? Aussiechopper?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what are the cycle time and normal rate of production on the superaxe?

On the superaxe if you get a knotty block of wood and the blade contacts the wood perfectly the top of the wood , what happens? Being only a three inch ram.
Does the superaxe work better with the tip or heel of the blade making contact with the wood first?
If heel of blade is meant to contact the wood first, does it ever feel like the wood block wants to move towards the operator?

Cycle time is 5 or 6 seconds
If the block of wood is short like below the horizontal of the axe there is a reduction in its power.
Tip or heel of the blade depends on the wood,tip is better for green sticky wood because the tip rotates lower.
There is a steel grate like setup on the table under the axe to provent the blocks shooting at you,it's not a problem

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. Your responses are worth alot ...... more than the testimonials on the superaxe website because you are not trying to sell me one! Cheers

I actually like the way it works. It can be defeated by a tie down strap but I'm happy with it and keeps fingers out of where they shouldn't be
10699a159635416f27ee54ba69b9603c.jpg
Well I decided it was time to make my life a bit easier and splurged and bought a WS3150 Aussiechopper. Have been using a "40t" Chinese unit for the last few years but am cutting and splitting not just for our own use now so decided to upgrade
afb228ae2c67ce911293e4424be273ef.jpg
bb8f9f9f156f2c62e433d0967cfbc378.jpg
I know this thread is old, looking to build a similar splitter, just curios how thick the steel used for the knife is and what size are the box tubes are they slide between, thanks .

Back