SuperSplit: Need help with idea.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was a guy that bought a SuperSplit and posted pictures of it. He had assembled it with the wheels under the table and the leg under the engine. The post mount is the same on each end of the splitter. Folk made fun of him, and he took it well. The fact is, that photo got me thinking about the four wheel mod, which I finally did a few years later, using go-kart front spindles ordered on-line, and another SuperSplits leg/axle and wheels.IMG_4057.jpg IMG_4080.jpg

With the wood pile always being on the table side, it seems that when you need to move, it would be easier having the post under the engine. I get that it would be heavy but I'd like to see how heavy. Seems like the wheels could be brought back quite a ways

The J model has two 75 lb flywheels. The HD model, which is the middle one of three available, has two flywheels at 90 lbs each. Plus the engine, rack, and framework. If you bring the wheels back much the could be in the way of feet. I definitely get what your saying about mobility and the hitch being on the "proper end", which is opposite the split wood pile.
A week after ordering the SuperSplit HD I got a hernia. I got it taken care of with the mesh. When healing I could lift things, but not lift and push anything. So I couldn't use the splitter for some time. I soon made forklift tubes for it, so I could pick it up and place it in front of the conveyor, and move it inside at night without lifting and pushing. Later, when I worked further from the house, I added four wheels to tow it with the quad. There are only eight bolts, four on each end, to change the legs out.
Another good SuperSplit mod is a phenolic table covering. Did that Sept. '17
I left the fork tubes on when I did the four wheel conversion. They are separate mods, and the tubes unbolt with two bolts, one in each leg.
(I know you guys like pics, even if posted before.) IMG_3496.jpg IMG_4593.jpg IMG_4589.jpg IMG_4476.jpg IMG_4058.jpg IMG_5149.jpg IMG_5152.jpg IMG_5163.jpg

Love it! Its actually an Ez Trail.... 60" wide frame and the larger wheels/tires. I still cant believe I found it on CL... I did end up replacing all the tierod ends because the boots were gone and didn't look like they had ever been greased... But to be fair, it had so little use the tires still have the nubs on them....

34cf7d78c7ee6b1c77e16215bb148d0c.jpg

306fbd3aaf951d37f65bbf24f8f39c93.jpg

Latest posts

Back