Support your community's youth

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kbarnes12

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Here are some photos of a load of wood that was delivered to me today.

Let me start by saying that I am a teacher and a coach so I believe in supporting students, so last week when one asked if I wanted to buy some firewood I said sure. I told him since I had my own saw and splitter he could just deliver logs because I love to buck and split myself so he could save himself some time and me some money.

Its important to show kids they are valued and give them opportunities to be successful. My wife has a student come every other Saturday to help with the housework. Also, last year I had the VoAg class convert a 3pt tractor log splitter into trailer splitter with a gas engine and later this year I hope to have them put a log lift on it.

Give kids a chance and you will be surprised at what they will do.

DSCN0075.JPG

DSCN0076.JPG

DSCN0077.JPG

DSCN0078.JPG

Nice story, and nice load of logs. I agree 100% and donate a ton of time with the local Cub Scouts, soon to be Boy Scouts. We believe that it is important to teach the youth early so they can 'be prepared', grow up to 'do their best', be concerned about others, and do a good turn daily.

THE SCOUT LAW

A Scout is Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly Courteous, Kind, Obedient, Cheerful, Thrifty, Brave, Clean, and Reverent.

Latest posts

Back