Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang 372 is fighting me! I will win but its testing my patience. If you ever get a saw that was run over...rob parts but don't try to rebuild it! My real issue is in the chain brake area...not sure if the metal lever is slightly warped or not but I ruined a brandy new black plastic brake assembly cover. Another one on the way now....

Finish the muffler mod tomorrow then wait for parts....

Jimmy....mobile.

Dang 372 is fighting me! I will win but its testing my patience. If you ever get a saw that was run over...rob parts but don't try to rebuild it! My real issue is in the chain brake area...not sure if the metal lever is slightly warped or not but I ruined a brandy new black plastic brake assembly cover. Another one on the way now....

Finish the muffler mod tomorrow then wait for parts....

Jimmy....mobile.

I bought 2 new brake handles for them , had to grind a little off the metal brake lever. No way would it go on there !

I think the metal part is bent though pushing out on that black cover as it moves. Everything must be square or the spring pressure will cause it to want to walk.

Jimmy....mobile.

Rick,,went to mailbox and got package.

hi jet 4 turns out ??

list symptoms again please,i will take note.

Okay good, was worried my yslexia kicked in:msp_wink:

High jet was 4-5 out because I watched a vid and that's how many turns out they guy counted in on his similar carb with the limiters on it. I didn't count mine when I took the needles out to dremel down the limiter cams. Two turns out it wouldn't go to high throttle at all. Just bog and die. When I moved the hi jet out to 4-5 turns it would go to hi throttle.

Saw starts well and idles fine. Will make 2 cuts or run at full throttle for a few seconds then bogs down.

If you don't release the throttle the saw will die. If you let it die then it will take about 20 pumps of the primer bulb to
get it to restart and then it races for a few seconds running lean until it can suck in enough fuel.

When I first got it, it wouldn't start at all. Put new fuel filter in, new spark plug and cleaned the saw and got it to start and run good but would do the same thing. After two cuts on about an 8" red oak limb it would bog on attempting to cut the 3rd. If I let it run for a minute or so then it would cut another two cuts and then bog. :bang:

I put a kit in it and still the same results. Cleaned it with carb cleaner also. New fuel line and tank vent seemed to be working until I broke the duckbill valve for it. Pressurized the fuel tank to 10 PSI through the fuel line with tank empty and sounded like a tea kettle whistling through the primer bulb but would bleed down pressure.

Ok,,WHo hasnt done THIS before ?????

i know i have ....

attachment.php

Umm Umm. The IPL was hard to read on this one:dizzy: Grrr. My first one. LOL. Odd thing is it had the same symptoms as before I put the kit in for the most part.

See anything else?

Don't worry rick, I once put the Welch plug in a tillitson HL upside down.... LOL
Imagine an ounce of gas pouring out of the muffler with each pull. Somehow that big homelite still ran with that.... LOL!

Latest posts

Back