Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You just do damn nice work Robin ! Good thing too , magine paying to have all that done !! OUCH !! LOL

Thanks John.......Got all the side plates welded in today.....slow going......did learn one thing today though.......when welding in a very tight space using the solar powered auto dimming helmet.......pay close attention that you do NOT allow anything to get between the work and the photo receptor in the helmet.....like a driveshaft or exhaust pipe......you will surprise yourself at how bright arc welding really is.....it always dims but if in the shadow it takes longer.....just a tad longer....but...to long....

Pic of both side plates just before welding them in......

DSC_0220.JPG

Thanks John.......Got all the side plates welded in today.....slow going......did learn one thing today though.......when welding in a very tight space using the solar powered auto dimming helmet.......pay close attention that you do NOT allow anything to get between the work and the photo receptor in the helmet.....like a driveshaft or exhaust pipe......you will surprise yourself at how bright arc welding really is.....it always dims but if in the shadow it takes longer.....just a tad longer....but...to long....

Pic of both side plates just before welding them in......

View attachment 502898
I have one of the helmets , but didn't know that ? Mine didn't work very well in bright sunshine ? Seemed to stay dark , err too dark to start with . Just a cheap one I have had fer ?? I don't do much welding , and it shows bad ! LOL
Them flash burns sure sound nasty from guys I know that got them .

I have one of the helmets , but didn't know that ? Mine didn't work very well in bright sunshine ? Seemed to stay dark , err too dark to start with . Just a cheap one I have had fer ?? I don't do much welding , and it shows bad ! LOL
Them flash burns sure sound nasty from guys I know that got them .

This is a cheap one from Northern.....$48 delivered......it is solar powered.....if you had one that had a battery it might be better. This one has variable darkness.....knob right on the side of your head.....make it darker or lighter, whatever you want.....works pretty good except for the afore mentioned issue....it's nice and light....comfortable....stays on my pointy head pretty good......

Do member running a over head crane with lots of destruction going on , bout get blind going by welding going on . Kinna not a good idea closing yer eyes going by up in that cab either ! People stepping out from no where under you carring 30,000 lb of steel scares you and makes you very mad same time ! We were never suppose to take even the empty hook over to of anyone . But them cranes don't stop or move quick !! 40 ton crane take a while to stop even plugging it bassackards ! Then that suspended load tends to keep going . LOL
Only job I ever had I would sweat sitting on muh ass in a air conditioned cab . LOL And OMG when that AC didn't work !! Had to wear gloves running the controls so I didn't burn my hands ! Didn't dare open a window , got even hotter ! But no body informed me of that !!!! That was one of them mad at the world days ! And did them others know it when I got down out of there !! Only time that boss ever stuck up fer me ! He let them have it too ! LOL Very close to heat stroke that day !

This is a cheap one from Northern.....$48 delivered......it is solar powered.....if you had one that had a battery it might be better. This one has variable darkness.....knob right on the side of your head.....make it darker or lighter, whatever you want.....works pretty good except for the afore mentioned issue....it's nice and light....comfortable....stays on my pointy head pretty good......

Got all the welding done up under the cab yesterday.......fuel pump, lock ring , tank vent valve and new gas cap came yesterday from pahtsgeek and also some HDB carb kits from Carbtech for aPoulan 3800 I had on the bench.....didn't have any HDB kits.....never need one before...bought a half dozen. Gearing up for a road trip this afternoon.....friend staying here with the dogs.....stay with friends in Kennebunk tonight....no...not the Bushes.....visit Ron for a bit tomorrow, then my brother in Portland....all the old fellas.....all got the same color hair...an wiskahz....

I have a couple of battery powered auto darkening helmets, ones a Lincoln other a Jackson NEX GEN, much better than my previous solar powered ones, most of my welding was done indoors so solar power didn`t work too good for me. Keeping new batteries around is a bit of a pain but I get them in numbers off Amazon.

I have a couple of battery powered auto darkening helmets, ones a Lincoln other a Jackson NEX GEN, much better than my previous solar powered ones, most of my welding was done indoors so solar power didn`t work too good for me. Keeping new batteries around is a bit of a pain but I get them in numbers off Amazon.
I found deals on the bay . Order them from chiner way cheaper !!

I couldn`t beat the deal I got on the batteries, dumb ass place sold them to me for a buck each if I bought 25 so that is just what I did.

Amazon is the way to go for batteries.

when you get them check em all,,,and dates..

if not happy,,free return shipping !!

the cheep chinee batts dont last like a good Duracell,etc..

Amazon is the way to go for batteries.

when you get them check em all,,,and dates..

if not happy,,free return shipping !!

the cheep chinee batts dont last like a good Duracell,etc..

For the price I payed if I get good service from just 4 of the 25 it would equal what I would pay for the 4 of them local. The ones I put in the helmet 2 years ago are still working fine. Helmets each take 2 batteries.

Hey Robin !
You shoulda just used the Husqovite repair for your truck .

IMG_20160513_165702.jpg

re-edit of the pic

Latest posts

Back