Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got to dig a couple saws out that have been hanging around far too long and get em up and running, no idea how many that are lurking around I havn`t even looked at yet, way too many though! Too hot to use saws now and the deer flies won`t leave one alone if in the woods anyhow!

Lunch time!!! And T-shirt replacement!!! Ran that little 42 Special in Mikey's hardwood pile for an hour or so...good power for such a small saw.....cut right along real nice......time for it to go home. Ran the 490 and 590 some too......and the "Get'erdone" 268XP.....still my favorite!! Fit and stacked about another cord this morning.
The 590 has real good power.....but hates to idle.....actually idles good but then all of a sudden it just stops.....doesn't change speed up or down...doesn't stumble.....just stops...like you hit the kill switch....any thoughts???? I've installed a new fuel line, carb kit, intake rubber band and impulse nipple....I have two other 82 carbs.....perhaps I'll UC and kit one and try that....it seems it's always the ones out on the ragged edge of performance that are wicked hard to get right.......490 will idle itself right out of gas before it will stall.....

Got to dig a couple saws out that have been hanging around far too long and get em up and running, no idea how many that are lurking around I havn`t even looked at yet, way too many though! Too hot to use saws now and the deer flies won`t leave one alone if in the woods anyhow!
Danny isn't slowing down much . LOL

Lunch time!!! And T-shirt replacement!!! Ran that little 42 Special in Mikey's hardwood pile for an hour or so...good power for such a small saw.....cut right along real nice......time for it to go home. Ran the 490 and 590 some too......and the "Get'erdone" 268XP.....still my favorite!! Fit and stacked about another cord this morning.
The 590 has real good power.....but hates to idle.....actually idles good but then all of a sudden it just stops.....doesn't change speed up or down...doesn't stumble.....just stops...like you hit the kill switch....any thoughts???? I've installed a new fuel line, carb kit, intake rubber band and impulse nipple....I have two other 82 carbs.....perhaps I'll UC and kit one and try that....it seems it's always the ones out on the ragged edge of performance that are wicked hard to get right.......490 will idle itself right out of gas before it will stall.....
You try swapping the coil out ? Only thing I can think of ? Could be something in that carb , just not sure what ? LOL

You try swapping the coil out ? Only thing I can think of ? Could be something in that carb , just not sure what ? LOL
Nope haven't tried swapping the coil out yet.......perhaps try that before fussing with the carb....it certainly stops quick like an ign issue. Worth a shot!!!!

Sold it to someone , can't member who now ? Memory aint to good any more , short term really sucks ! Doc said its cause of being in a coma ?
Far as I know its stihl running good . Least I aint heard if it aint ? LOL Stihl got a 660 in chiner parts to build , some day ? Maybe ?? LOL
That damn saw hurt me John. I was healing up pretty good from a torn groin muscle, then after cranking on that thing for a half a day, I hurt it again.
Hate to hear that Moobs ! Damn thing hurt me trying to start the POS ! LOL Did all I could to try on it. LOL If I had a flywheel , would have tried it ! LOL

Back