Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ed2229b1305cc53b8f2613c6a43ec5e5.jpg

Mmmm.... Oneida!
Looks good !

Never tried that... if its long bar i pull a '94 out and roll on.
A few thou of extra capacity on the pump bolt can move a good deal more oil to the bar, dry oak is the hardest wood to get enough oil to a bar for, it literally removes oil, sucks it up due to its open pores, real difficult wood to cut even on the rotary mill.

A few thou of extra capacity on the pump bolt can move a good deal more oil to the bar, dry oak is the hardest wood to get enough oil to a bar for, it literally removes oil, sucks it up due to its open pores, real difficult wood to cut even on the rotary mill.
People argue with a couple of us... but even my beloved 372 doesnt oil much over a 24 in a dry red oak log. Sweet gum, tulip poplar, etc that are green; 32 no problem. I think too many people see the videos of the Pacific North West rain forest loggers and think its all saws. Species of wood plays into it too....

Hmmmm....guess that's why my 111S has an adjustable oiler and an additional thumb pump......though I gotta say, cutting 34" diameter red oak cookies down at leeha's GTG a couple years ago, she had no problem oiling the 36" .404 full chisel without need of extra oil...that's the hardest I've ever used that saw...kicked Lee's azz by 13.5 seconds in the same log with his 111S.....hhehehehehe....

Hmmmm....guess that's why my 111S has an adjustable oiler and an additional thumb pump......though I gotta say, cutting 34" diameter red oak cookies down at leeha's GTG a couple years ago, she had no problem oiling the 36" .404 full chisel without need of extra oil...that's the hardest I've ever used that saw...kicked Lee's azz by 13.5 seconds in the same log with his 111S.....hhehehehehe....
Liked to have seen that ! LOL

Back