Swamp Loggers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm watching it, did it show the part of him runnign from the husky in the previews all week?

i will let you know its not on till 10 here so i watching the older ones right now i got an hour till it is the new one is on

I watched a couple episodes tonight. Pretty good show, but I didn't see any chainsaws.:chainsaw:

You wont see many saws, they use a feller/buncher predominately.

I will say this. I have never met a feller that cared for his crew the way he does. The man lost 250k last season and resorted to paying the workers out of his OWN pocket just to keep them out of the soup line, as he called it. I have never met a boss/owner that would do this.

Sorry for the rambling........

That stupid F-ing show makes us looks like idiots- it's a disservice to the proffession of logging- Sam

You wont see many saws, they use a feller/buncher predominately.

I will say this. I have never met a feller that cared for his crew the way he does. The man lost 250k last season and resorted to paying the workers out of his OWN pocket just to keep them out of the soup line, as he called it. I have never met a boss/owner that would do this.

Sorry for the rambling........

And he admits freely that the reason he stays in business, while others with the same equipment fail, is his crew.

He's too humble, it his crew with him leading.

Old school and rare breed these days in ANY profession.

Nothing but Class in my book.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

That stupid F-ing show makes us looks like idiots- it's a disservice to the proffession of logging- Sam

I am not much for watching TV but I do have to ask what show were you watching? If it was the one mentioned here then I feel you are off base.

Bill

did anyone else notice when they would show the fellerbuncher the sound it made was a chainsaw sound not a buncher sound

did anyone else notice when they would show the fellerbuncher the sound it made was a chainsaw sound not a buncher sound

The head on the buncher is not a chainsaw head but a wheeled head. Early in the show (~10-15 minutes) they show one of them looking at the teeth on it. It is a big honking disc with big square teeth and those teeth pound and cut their way through the stump.

Like this ~ not exactly a swamp logger, but like this.

The head on the buncher is not a chainsaw head but a wheeled head. Early in the show (~10-15 minutes) they show one of them looking at the teeth on it. It is a big honking disc with big square teeth and those teeth pound and cut their way through the stump.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZqknRG8L918&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZqknRG8L918&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

effieciency at it's best!

I worked on a timberking tk752 a while back and they are monsters! It's amazing how heavy those feller heads are that you can easily rock the machine by moving the boom/stick too fast and stopping too quick! the 752 (a Caterpillar branded product now) had the ability to pivot the undercarriage(tracks) to level the machine on a slope. the tracks were also extra tall to get a better bite in the soft stuff but made it a pain to drive on the concrete. one thing i noticed was that after you fire up the disc and let off the switch the wheel would freewheel forever if it didn't have anything to slow it down. definately wouldn't want to come in contact with it. I did take it out back and nail a couple of smaller trees with it and you have to be quick with the arms like he said or it will fall away from you. but a diesel chainsaw with a heater, seat and radio! not too shabby. if you wanted a chainsaw for several hundred thousand!

Latest posts

Back