Swedish People Only!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forestryfun

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
OK, others can visit this too :laugh: !

But anyways, I'm looking to buy a forestry clearing saw, and I know Sweden is the clearing saw land, and so I need insight from the people there.

So my question is which is the most popular clearing saw brand in Sweden?

I know that there are only 3 brands to choose from (Husqvarna, Jonsered, and Stihl), but I want to make the right choice.

Husqvarna.

Lots of great saws to choose from and if you pick the right one not only will it clear the forest, but help you to fly as well. :msp_smile:

Hey, your not Swedish! :msp_tongue: haha!

I thought it might be Jonsered, but Husqvarna is really popular

Thank you for your reply. DO you know which model from Husqvarna is the most widely used in Sweden? I would think its an older Husqy cause like a 252rx cause I heard the're more reliable than the newer ones, but I don't really know which is why I'm asking.

I am Canadian!!!! I have 8 years of clearing saw experience and I can honestly tell you that the Stihl 480 is the best clearing saw option, bar none. I have had these guys last and last and last. Get one and you wont be sorry.

I don't run my clearing saws steady but I do like to run them , I've got a Swede 265rx and a non-Swede FS550 .
I don't have any opinion on the newer Swedes but if I had to buy another it would be a non-Swede .
craig71 , any difference between the 480 and the 550 other than size and price ?

Stihl makes the best clearing saws. And, believe it or not, they are sold and used in Sweden.

This thread is borderline stupid.

PS,

I'm not Swedish.

I do have an Ikea coffee table. And I rode in a Volvo once

Hugh? I'm not saying Sweden can only use Swedish-made saws and not German saws. My question was simply what is the preferred or most common brand of clearing saw in Sweden. So could you please answer that question. I didn't saw anything about all countries having a closed economy.

P.S. I'm sorry you think this thread is stupid

:chainsaw:

ugh, this thread is getting me nowhere... It would be sort a nice if someone could answer my question... Pretty Pleaz?

BTW, I live in America, drive a Mercedes Benz, and most things I own were made in China...

ugh, this thread is getting me nowhere... It would be sort a nice if someone could answer my question... Pretty Pleaz?

BTW, I live in America, drive a Mercedes Benz, and most things I own were made in China...

Can't help ya yet. I got a husky brush clearer but it needs rebuilding, so I don't know if they are any good or not.

I got a kit for my tanaka trimmer though and it's pretty good, but I have more need for a trimmer and it isn't a fast exchange so I just leave it as a trimmer.

Looking at husky's high end brushcutters..I can't see them as being teh suck though.

I would bet any pro class from any of your potential brands is perfectly fine (and most likely will need the same warranty voiding work as in realistic tune and MM). Bet a nickle, cash money. Same as saws, you want to kick brush booty, you need displacement, you need some beef.

ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer ;)

Sorry to be a dink. The way you are asking about this is incredibly odd.

Sweden has intensive silviculture practices that involve the use of clearing saws. Many other places in the world also have similar practices that also involve clearing saws. Many other places yet use clearing saws for clearing. The best made clearing saws are Stihls. Which clearing saw is used in Sweden vs which clearing saw is used in New Hampshire or Venezuela probably depends on what the user can afford, local market prices, preference, dealer support.

Your logic is like this: Germans have the autobahn. Therefore, what car do Germans like the best?
Answer: Stihl makes the best clearing saws.

Hope that's clear, and once again I do apologize for being such an arse but I work too much and this is my only fun

I don't run my clearing saws steady but I do like to run them , I've got a Swede 265rx and a non-Swede FS550 .
I don't have any opinion on the newer Swedes but if I had to buy another it would be a non-Swede .
craig71 , any difference between the 480 and the 550 other than size and price ?

I have used both saws extensively(fancy word EH) and I can tell you this, years ago we used the 550 and had a ton of problems with clutches,bases breaking and gear heads on the saws. It was suggested that we give the 480 a try, most were skeptical about the smaller engine size being an issue but it is no issue at all. The main differences are handling, speed and durability. the 480 is 5 pounds lighter than the 550 but is balanced perfectly and will give you many hours of trouble free service( I have used them as high as 60 weeks on one saw) just do regular maintenance,like air filter,greasing gear head and a little grease in the throttle cable area to keep it running smoothly and most of all, KEEP YOUR BLADE SHARP!!!!! I also find the 480 much faster in the cut than the 550 but with less torque, I would compare it to the way my Nissan Altima goes from 0-60 compared to my F150....... both get there but just in different ways.:smile2: I guess if you are cutting mostly hardwood then the added torque of the 550 is good to have, but if you prefer 5 pounds less and way better handling then the little 480 can still get the job done. See, clear as mud.:smile2:

See my reply on page 2, btw Stihls and Huskies are used in sweden, I have watched training videos from swedish silviculture guys and one was using a 480 and the other used a husky 345. Go to your dealer strap on a harness and hold both saws in your hands and see which one feels best to you...It is your money and you wont go wrong with either one(480 or345).....There is often way too much made of the whole Stihl vs Husky crap on here, find a model no matter what the color that is durable and meets your needs and go cut some wood...cheers EH.

Latest posts

Back